custom fiberglass hood twin scoop ram-air for 06-07

2006_superado

i was just wondering if any of you would be interested in this fiberglass hood for 06-07 silverado?.. (also 05HD) i just had one made for mine but it has to be retooled a little to fit correctly, i'm working on sending some pictures to the maker now to work out the kinks.. but once he gets it right it will be sick.. for now i know i'm the only one with this hood.. and i would like to keep it that way :devil: but once everyone see's it there going to ask about it anyway.. so i figured i might as well try to sell them on here and other sites?. and maybe a few other styles as well :dunno: still working on a deal with the guy making them.

just trying to gauge if there will be any interest in them?..

let me know what you guys think?.

heres a pic of the prototype..

post-8665-1187582235_thumb.jpg

Davey, I could see how some people might love, to each their own it but its snot for me.

Kinda reminds me of 2 big nostrils, so see, I didnt mis-spell the word above, HA! Sorry, I couldnt resist! :crackup:

Check it, first I insult you now I'm asking you a favor. That cpwl hood you sold me, can you get one like it, made by the same company, but in the RAM Cowl Style, like the GoodMarks?

Thanks buddy!

Edited by Champion201 (see edit history)

a partial compliment and a insult at the same time... :wtf: i'm not going to reply to that.

dont take it personally. i just think stick on hood scoops are like putting on 13 inch spinning hubcaps on an 88 honda. the hood looks a lot better than the other twin snorkel type ive seen. seems this one has sort of a rounded edge that makes it flow better and not so blocky. still it'd be great to see it on your truck.

haha. looks like a bad ass hood

I have an 07 SSS and would be very intrested in a hood, If you would keep me updated. Thanks

-Lance

no problem, i'll pm you when i get further along with it.

Davey, I could see how some people might love, to each their own it but its snot for me.

Kinda reminds me of 2 big nostrils, so see, I didnt mis-spell the word above, HA! Sorry, I couldnt resist! :crackup:

Check it, first I insult you now I'm asking you a favor. That cpwl hood you sold me, can you get one like it, made by the same company, but in the RAM Cowl Style, like the GoodMarks?

Thanks buddy!

hey champy, lol...

yeah it does look like two huge nostrils, and thats exactly why i love it.. looks like it wants to suck in all the air it can.. also it flows really well with the front headlight design, when i post some pics you'll see.

afa the hood i can't get any more right now.. but i found a sweet deal on ebay for them a few weeks ago for $299 shipped heres the link..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-2005-C...1QQcmdZViewItem

also do you think your going to make it to the gtg in carlsbad saturday?.. i know it's far but it's a lot of fun cruising down there with the other members.

later.

dont take it personally. i just think stick on hood scoops are like putting on 13 inch spinning hubcaps on an 88 honda. the hood looks a lot better than the other twin snorkel type ive seen. seems this one has sort of a rounded edge that makes it flow better and not so blocky. still it'd be great to see it on your truck.

i love my truck so it's kinda hard not to, there was'nt very much available last year for it and i wanted to do something to the hood... and i'm not big on the cheap looking stick on scoops with the flared edge.. this is not that type it could have been bolted on as well. for a stick on scoop it is the best one.

and the new hood is definetley what i've been waiting for, for basicaly the same reason's you mentioned.

pics will be up soon..

post-8665-1187647884_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the link Dave, I appreciate it

Do you know if that hood is the same brand as the one you sold me?

your more then welcome champ,

i dont know exactly, but i asked him what brand it is today if he reply's i'll let you know.

P.S. no comment on my hood huh?.. :wtf: you must realy not like it :dunno: oh well i like it and thats what counts!.. :smash::P

MAybe if you colormatched the front end it would look a lot better. Try photoshopping the grille white and some other parts so it wont stand out as much.

another critic huh?.. j/k. i do get what your saying, i kind of felt it needed a new look for the bumper... and being that i'm going for a really unique look, the SSS bumper is out of the picture for me.. i was planning on using this one of course it will be white instead of orange (pic below)..

post-8665-1187672626_thumb.jpg

another critic huh?.. j/k. i do get what your saying, i kind of felt it needed a new look for the bumper... and being that i'm going for a really unique look, the SSS bumper is out of the picture for me.. i was planning on using this one of course it will be white instead of orange (pic below)..

Hey, that orange one looks like my hood! ;o)

1184187089.jpg

Personally, I think the SS bumper looks cleaner--though I have seen one on here (can't remember exactly who now), that had a full HID conversion and used HID fogs in place of the sliver scoops...

your more then welcome champ,

i dont know exactly, but i asked him what brand it is today if he reply's i'll let you know.

P.S. no comment on my hood huh?.. :wtf: you must realy not like it :dunno: oh well i like it and thats what counts!.. :smash::P

Like you said Dave, as long as you like it thats all that matters. Sorry dude, its just not my cup of tea.

BTW, I asked the guy about the hood and he didnt tell me the name but he did say it was made by the same company that makes Goodmark so chances are its the same brand hood that you sold me, GREAT QUALITY. Now I just have to figure out if I really want to change mine out. I wonder how difficult it would be to convert it from the closed RAM to an actual one, just to get some air flow. Just have to figure out if it is actually possible to do without sucking in bugs, birds, water and when I go up to Mammoth, snow.

As far as front bumpers, I didnt go with the SS one because, well....its not an SS, besides that there are allot of non-SS's out there, posers, that have the SS bumper but forget to get all the rest of the SS clading and try and tell ya its an SS. Heck, I live in a small town and there are at least 3 posers running around here. 2 of them have the 5.3 and one has the 4.8. ANYHOW, I went with the Xenon myself with T-Rex black billet insert and I like it so to me it does not matter if anyone else does or does not like it.

Edited by Champion201 (see edit history)