any one see couture dominate?

faceliftedss

I wouldnt go as far as saying Cro Cop has a weak chin.. sure its no power house because of his jaw structuring... but anyone who can go all rounds and take a beating by Fedor without getting knocked out has a strong enough chin to me IMO

The setup with Cheick vs Cro Cop is just a way to get him off of this loss, and to show UFC fans how bad ass Mirko is.. its like throwing chum into the ocean and Cro Cop is the great white who is going to eat him alive ! :cheers:

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

Yeah I'm sure any of us on this site would of had no problem fighting a experienced ufc champion like Couture after he used the top of his skull to flatten his nose making it impossible to breath out of and see with blood pouring all over the place! Even with all that he still went for 3 rounds, please some people here need to stop talking like there a@@ would of done any better! Anyone who thinks Gonzaga is going away is a moron, i think under the circumstances he did the best he could and he will be back to fight another day.

Bigdog- I agree with you 100%. Thats why I put money on him... he is one of the best BJJ black belts in the UFC, hes huge and can strike like a motherf*cker. I really do think it screwed with him when his nose was broken and couldnt breathe.. it took away the motivation to fight and mentally it makes you feel like you already lost when you see yourself bleeding like that.

I think on another day Gonzage could take Couture, but you never know. Gonzaga will be back, and he will move up the chain very quickly again.

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)

Well i think the fight was pretty good, Couture dominated Gonzaga the whole fight even before the broken nose, not taking nothing from Gonzaga but Couture has too much experience and i think the best mental game in MMA, he has always has a good game. ha was brought in twice to lose against Belfort and then Liddell the first time so i never count him out...

As for CroCop and Kongo i still think Crocop will take, but hopefully they both come out and really strike. crocop has devistating power and Kongo is no punk either although he has been kinda tentative i his last couple of fights. but both of them r kickboxers so if they choose to trade it should be good....

im with punkt71 anyone who can go in with fedor for a whole fight and make it out walkin on his own power has nothing alse to prove to me... Just my two cents tho...

-rob

Yeah I'm sure any of us on this site would of had no problem fighting a experienced ufc champion like Couture

who said we could?

all im saying is you dont just stop fighting cause you cant see...ive seen MUCH worse blood in fighters faces and they continued......even the ref. was saying" YOU CAN OR CANT FIGHT? YES OR NO?" and thats pretty much...what it came down too.

I cant believe I even betted against Couture .. my instinct said he would rock Gonzaga, but I still believed Gonzage could submit him if taken down since his jiu jitsu is some of the best... probably the best bjj of all the heavyweights in the UFC right now.

Anyways the babalu fight was pretty sick... heaths record was 9-1 not 9 and 0.. and babalu was the more dominent fighter. I am going to say its because he has been training with my coach Mike "The Joker" Guyman a lot here in orange county... :)

too bad it didnt air...

BAM! WATCH IT HERE

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2uaae_re...d-heath_extreme

You're the shit punk! I've been wanting to see the babalu fight ever since I saw the giant blood stain on the mat in the first fight.I was pissed they didn't air it.Thanks bro.

yeah nice work on the video post i looked for it but came up empty. great fight for sobral he is a top nptch fighter. just couldn't get past chuck (twice). there was defiantly something going on between those two that wasn't publicized that was punishment! should have aired imo a lot of fun to watch. love those gashes.

in case anyone missed it that cares, randy couture punished gabe ganzaga leading to a thirdround ref stoppage. the 44 year old was able to pick up the 252 pound ganzaga and slam him causing him to break his nose. GSP also got back on track by out wresling the huge ego'd josh koscheck. roger huerta put on a great show defeating a BJJ world champ. if anyone noticed from the first fight they aired on there was a big puddle of blood in the middle of the ring, i did some research and this came from bobalu sobral's fight that didn't air. he faced an opponent with a nine and o record and appearently had a big upper hand and when he finished the fight via a choke he held on for a few seconds after the ref came in to stop it and he was boo'd. would have liked to of seen that fight but it sucks to see that type of sportsmanship out of a veteran.

one of the undercard fights for the fights two weeks from now, which are free on spike!!!! is mircro cro cop and cheick kongo. these two are probably the two best heavy weight kick boxers in the game this fight will end in a knock out for sure. check it out

Rogan said it best, that guy is my hero!! UFC is really bringing some great fighters in and making great fights! I would rather have seen Crocop and Couture go at it though.

Rogan said it best, that guy is my hero!! UFC is really bringing some great fighters in and making great fights! I would rather have seen Crocop and Couture go at it though.

First off, you user name is the shit!!!

Second, I agree ... Couture should be a roll model for the current generation... this guy is 44 beating down guys my age... Any guy in their 40's who can man handle a bigger, younger fighter is my hero!!!

As far as him breaking his arm... Gonzaga's kicks are starting to get a reputation like Cro Cops.... last fight he knocks Mirko out clean with a kick, this time he snaps Randy's arm... holy shiiit :crazy:

yeah it didnt really break but both bones seperated, said it's not gonna need a cast but it will have to be in a sling for like 4-5 weeks, also Joe "Daddy" Stevenson broke his jaw and went on to win his fight. that dude is pretty awesome too, good fighter and very homble type dude... :thumbs:... :cheers: to these two warriors

-Rob

Edited by BlkSSnCpt (see edit history)

First off, you user name is the shit!!!

Second, I agree ... Couture should be a roll model for the current generation... this guy is 44 beating down guys my age... Any guy in their 40's who can man handle a bigger, younger fighter is my hero!!!

As far as him breaking his arm... Gonzaga's kicks are starting to get a reputation like Cro Cops.... last fight he knocks Mirko out clean with a kick, this time he snaps Randy's arm... holy shiiit :crazy:

Thanks, It took me about a week to come up with my clever name! I fell out of my chair when Gonzaga kicked Crocop to the head like that. I think possibly the most devastating kick to the head in UFC history?? and to Crocop at that!!!

just an add about the head kick did anyone see the fight with yeves edwards with the sick sissor kick immediately after he let go of wrapping the guy up from the back. it was in UFC 49 i can't remember the other dudes name but it was a good one also. Gonzagas was devistating though