how do you reset the thermometer in the rear view mirror?

Holty

I simply meant that the ambient temperature sensor was the whole problem on why ur mirror was not displayig the outside temperature properly. We sell a few of them here for time 2 time. BTW, the Light Sensor is inside on ur dash in the middle there... :thumbs:

I simply meant that the ambient temperature sensor was the whole problem on why ur mirror was not displayig the outside temperature properly. We sell a few of them here for time 2 time. BTW, the Light Sensor is inside on ur dash in the middle there... :thumbs:

So then this is the correct part number i need correct? gm Part# 15047946

lol i don't know why everyone's posts/comments just were not making any sense to me at all...lol

damn interweb

I was looking around underneath the truck a few weeks ago and noticed a green 2 prong plug hanging out. I figured it was for fog lights as well and just tucked it up out of the way....and my temp reads fine in my mirror....?

I was looking around underneath the truck a few weeks ago and noticed a green 2 prong plug hanging out. I figured it was for fog lights as well and just tucked it up out of the way....and my temp reads fine in my mirror....?

well there are two fog light plugs that don't get used on the SS as well as the temp sensor plug. so most likely you just saw a fog light plug.

• 3 years later...

I am having the same problem with my mirror saying OC. Mine started doing that right after I had it repaired from an accident as well. It looks like they plugged in the green plug to the ambient temp guage. If this is the foglight plug, where can I find the proper plug. I was just digging into it and couldnt find any other free plugs.