Pismo Beach Trip

dl11sec70dodge

Yes it does have trailer brakes, it is an open trailer, and we have the controller in my dad's 99 Z works wonders. I plan on installing the controller in mine but just haven't had a chance.

Although, I was reading through my owners manual for my VMax and noticed a small section that mentioned a factory trailer brake controller. It was shown to be about 2 to 3 inches below the headlamp knob. Does anyone have this or has anyone heard of this?

The 2500 series and larger trucks could be ordered with a factory trailer brake. The 08' and newer can be had with a factory trailer brake on all full size trucks.

I heard the new 07 body style trucks have to be hard wired for the brake controller and its not a plug in like the 06-older models. Unless you have a classic, which the plug pops into place down by the e-brake in the control box on the firewall. Your owners manual will tell you exactly what you need to do.

the 07 style sucks you have to wire it all you self and in the book it dose not tell you a bout a hidden power wire under the hood so we toasted one of our controlers doing this and with the others it was a simple plug under the dash. it takes about 5 hours to do if you know what you are doing and then we tow a 69 camaro and while doing this the brakes locked up at about 50 mph and ruined our brand new tires.