Detailed - Chases 02 Camaro Ss

Got a chance to take on Chase's daily driver today... as it is a daily I was expecting some serious dirt and grime... I wasn't disappointed. Chase witnessed the carnage first hand... the stream of black running out of my garage and into the street as I took on the wheels/tires/fenders... the "OH SHIT" Moment when he realized his seats were tan, not brown... but all worth it in the end. A very in depth "HOW TO" is coming... I just don't have the energy left to type it up tonight.

EXTERIOR PROCESS -

Wheel wheels/tires/rims cleaned with strong mix simple green & assorted brushes

Foam gun'd the outside with Optimum Car Wash and let dwell for 5 minutes, rinsed w/o agitation

Re-foamed the outside and let dwell for 2 minutes

Washed one panel at a time w/ sheep skin mit + rinse bucket + grit guard

Misted wet paint with Adams QD spray dryed with white WW MF drying towels

Clayed w/ Adams med. grade clay + QD spray

1 pass of DER Tuff Stuff on white durafoam pad to completely clean surface

1 pass of my own personal mixture of Adams S&HR + Adams Revive Polish on green durafoam pad

1 pass of DER Shiney Stuff by hand

All removed with Adams Premium Super-plush microfiber polishing cloths

Trim treated with Adams VRT

Wheels sealed w/ REJEX

Wheel wells dressed with Adams Invisible Undercarriage Spray

INTERIOR PROCESS -

Leather cleaned with woolite concentrate + water mixture (some spots required SG mixture)

Carpets cleaned with upholstery brush and Blue Magic carpet aerosol

Adams VRT or In&Out Spray on dash, panels, plastic

Leather conditioned with Adams Leather Conditioner

Lets start with some before shots:

DSCN0080.jpg

DSCN0082.jpg

DSCN0081.jpg

DSCN0083.jpg

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0085.jpg

DSCN0086.jpg

DSCN0089.jpg

OH THE HUMANITY!! :insane:

DSCN0092.jpg

Proof that washing alone will not remove all the contaminants from your paint. YOU NEED A CLAY BAR!!

MORE PICS COMING....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All masked off and ready to start polishing

DSCN0102.jpg

DSCN0103.jpg

After a pass with the DER Tuff Stuff on the white pad

DSCN0093.jpg

After (on the left) a pass with Adams S&HR + Revive Polish mixture on green durafoam pad next to unpolished surface... hows that for an improvment?

DSCN0098.jpg

After a little more time working the polish. DER Shiney really is my favorite on flake paint jobs... look at that flake pop!!

image0001-3.jpg

I wasn't too familiar with the history of the vehicle so I didn't go crazy cleaning the engine bay, just some steam and a light brush + simple green got it pretty clean... not spotless, but clean.

DSCN0107.jpg

Now on to the interior... side by side... before and after... I really don't need to say much here

DSCN0104.jpg

DSCN0105.jpg

STILL MORE PICS COMING....

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Now the fun part... its done... shiney and looking good. Got to go for a spin and take some pics, I love Camaro's and this car reminds me of why I want another one. We had a blast smokin' some guy in a WRX STI... wasn't even close.

The proud owner of this blue beauty taking pics also:

image0003-3.jpg

image0002-3.jpg

image0004-2.jpg

image0005-1.jpg

Remember those before shots of the wheels??

image0006-1.jpg

image0007-2.jpg

image0008-1.jpg

image0009-1.jpg

image0010-1.jpg

image0011-1.jpg

Still more comin....

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

wow man you did get quite a few pics. all i can say is wow , i never knew this car could look like that. simply amazing.

not to mention after dylan did some magic on it we took it for a spin and just happen to sneak up on a new wrx with alot of carbon fiber parts, probably not stock. but proceeded to put a nice little whoopin on him from about 35-80 and another one even worse from 60-90. all in all it was a great sunday.

wow man you did get quite a few pics. all i can say is wow , i never knew this car could look like that. simply amazing.

not to mention after dylan did some magic on it we took it for a spin and just happen to sneak up on a new wrx with alot of carbon fiber parts, probably not stock. but proceeded to put a nice little whoopin on him from about 35-80 and another one even worse from 60-90. all in all it was a great sunday.

Better that we did that in your car than me finding out you did it in the TBSS while I was workin :lol:

That was fun.