Detailed - Chases 02 Camaro Ss

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup....I've paid over $200 and never really got what I would expect. Not too long ago I paid $150 to get some overspray off the truck and now when the sun hits it just right, It looks like it has dull spots in the finish. :fume:

Gotta find a good place before winter...TBSS is due!

I want to know more about how you cleaned the leather that well. My wife's Tahoe has the shale interior, and with two kids the seats are nasty. I've used Meguires, Lexol, and several others, and can get it pretty clean, but not like that.

Nice work, btw. :thumbs:

Woolite mixed with water (concentration depending on how dirty the seat is), a cotton terry towel, and elbow grease.

If you've got REALLY stuck on grime its safe to use a watered down APC as well, but it can't be allowed to settle or it will stain the leather. I spray on the APC, scrub, then spray just plain water to get the APC off, be sure to follow with a good conditioner afterwards.

Woolite mixed with water (concentration depending on how dirty the seat is), a cotton terry towel, and elbow grease.

If you've got REALLY stuck on grime its safe to use a watered down APC as well, but it can't be allowed to settle or it will stain the leather. I spray on the APC, scrub, then spray just plain water to get the APC off, be sure to follow with a good conditioner afterwards.

Cool. Thanks, I'll try that. :thumbs:

hey dylan have you ever detailed a car/truck with the clear bra? how do you go about cleaning that and keeping the shine on? TIA

Actually no I haven't yet... I'd imagine it would be treated like any other surface, just have to be careful near the edges to make sure you didn't cake any product in there or peel it accidentally.

Looks good! :thumbs:

I started workin' on the SS today ...

Washed

Tar/bug remover on the front, in the wheel wells, and along the bottom

Meguiars Clay Bar & Quik Detailer

3M 302060 (I think that's the #) on the buffer, followed by

Meguiars #2 Clear Coat polish, and

I'll wrap it up with some Zymol tomorrow ...