Should There Be A Forum Topic On Detailing?

SSThunder

Should there be a forum topic on detailing?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be a forum topic on detailing?

• Yes
    • No

Question

• Answers 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Let's bring this back into the Admin's eyes!

I guess if the Admin's don't want a Detailing Forum then how about putting up something in the "WIKI" section? Sure, there are other truck sites out there we can go to for detailing how-to's, but I thought the whole idea of our forum was for it to be the "end all of information for the SS's", hopefully those that do go elsewhere for their detailing questions/answers will not like that site better and not come back here!

HA... forgot all about this thread.

I should have a ton more valuable info to impart soon... I'm taking the leap to rotary buffing and learning to colorsand. A guy whos work I've admired for a long time now has agreed to teach me everything he knows about color sanding and high speed rotary buffing (for a nominal fee) and we'll be using the TBSS as the canvas for him to show me the goods.

I'm pretty excited to start learning, this was all brought on by the fact that Chase's truck just wasn't turning out as perfect as I'd like... I've finally hit that wall where a DA polisher isn't going to be able to do everything I need it to... time to get serious. Just need to build my collection of supplies and tools including an ultrasound paint depth meter and then I'm on it. This shit ain't cheap!!

The upside is, if I get good at this I'll never have to accept factory orange peel again... smooth paint here I come!!!

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

I should have a ton more valuable info to impart soon... I'm taking the leap to rotary buffing and learning to colorsand. A guy whos work I've admired for a long time now has agreed to teach me everything he knows about color sanding and high speed rotary buffing (for a nominal fee) and we'll be using the TBSS as the canvas for him to show me the goods.

I'm pretty excited to start learning, this was all brought on by the fact that Chase's truck just wasn't turning out as perfect as I'd like... I've finally hit that wall where a DA polisher isn't going to be able to do everything I need it to... time to get serious. Just need to build my collection of supplies and tools including an ultrasound paint depth meter and then I'm on it. This shit ain't cheap!!

The upside is, if I get good at this I'll never have to accept factory orange peel again... smooth paint here I come!!!

Ever thought about the Flex? I just got mine, and will be using it when it gets nice out. But nothing beats a rotary, something that I am not comfortable with. But the Flex should be able to do more correction than the PC.

sounds like fun keep us posted on the details

peoples opinions on products would be good i have hundreds of part used polish wax wash n wax etc etc

i tend to stick with a combo of mothers and mequires now, but still buy the lastes super product, this forum could save me some cash for mods lol

peoples opinions on products would be good i have hundreds of part used polish wax wash n wax etc etc

i tend to stick with a combo of mothers and mequires now, but still buy the lastes super product, this forum could save me some cash for mods lol

Try something else other than mothers or meguiars, there are SOOO many other/better products. You will save money because products such as Zaino/ClearKote/Pinnacle/Duragloss will outlast the durability of mothers and mequiars. So you will be using less product.

Last summer I used Zaino and the looks and durablility are amazing. This summer I am using ClearKote red moose machine glaze, and ClearKote Moose Wax. This combo looking amazing on black.

I would vote to have 2 threads - one for everyday detailing (I define that as the fastest/least-effort way to care for paint, interior, and chassis to preserve the vehicle in Kelley Blue-Book "excellent" condition), and a second thread for show vehicle detailing.

Mr. P. :)

There you go. i agree ! :cheers: becuase there are for sure two ways that i detail, that keep it black and clean look and the iam going all out look for the shows or cruise nights at the local watering hole ...