Reprogrammed by PCMforless

After reading the informative posts about PCM reprogramming for a LONG time I finally decided to give it a try. I read a bit about PCM forless.com on this board and when I discovered they are close by (30 miles from me) I got in touch with Bryan (their LT1/LS1 guru). After exchanging e-mail and talking on the phone I brought the truck to him on December 31 and he downloaded a performance program to my PCM.

Now keep in mind my truck is completely stock - no K&N...nothing.

The difference is amazing! :D The truck launches like a rocket, the shifts are nice and firm and I'm really impressed overall. Of course I don't have before or after 1/4 times or dyno results, but the difference is significant. I took a friend for a ride and he couldn't believe all I did was reprogram the PCM. My wife was a big doubter (why spend the money? etc.) but even she commented that the truck is ALOT faster...and it is. Bryan got me these results by modifying the timing curve, shift points, air/fuel ratio, eliminating the top speed limiter and so on. At any rate, I'm a believer now and encourage you to contact PCM forless.com if you're considering PCM tuning...and the price is right :thumbs:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also looking into them!! I am located around the same distance, (BRADFORD COUNTY PA) Not only he is closer the price is a big difference from the other guy's out there!! I guess what I am trying to say is that I am NEXT!! :thumbs: thanks for the info though!!

I too can feel the unused power in the SSS. How will PCM changes affect the durability of the truck? Will changing these setting affect my truck in the long run? What about going to the dealer? will they know? I know that there is a lot more hp here with a little computer help...should I just invest in LS1edit? Or is their tune good enough for the average joe (well the average joe with an SSS :D )?? :confused:

sounds good...

joe

:thumbs:

I have a question for Bryan at PCMforless....can you do a dual program for standard and tow haul mode. Kind of like a street strip setup? I just purchased a Predator because they can set different shift points for both modes. This would be cool to do a mild and wild tune with the push of a button. Please let me/us know.

Thanks

Hi,

I can do different shift points on the tow haul mode, but that is the only place in the PCM where GM has extra tables. There unfortunatly isn't a second fueling or spark table for when you enter the tow haul mode. That would be cool though :)

I am located in Reading PA, about and hour NW of Philly. One of the mods let me know that until I get onboard as a sponsor (I am working on this) not to quote prices so I can do any price quotes via PM if you like.

Thanks,

Bryan

I also feel like custom tunes are the way to go. I installed my Predator and becuase of the time of year here in Indiana I can not test the #'s at the track. I am going on the feel of everyday driving which is the real purpose of my SS anyway.I installed my custom tune via e-mail and it is a real improvement and I love the tuning options Predator provides over all the other handhelds I have heard about.

Without trying to change this topic, I have been wondering what the guidelines are about listing the details of products that we SS members buy?

I also feel like custom tunes are the way to go. I installed my Predator and becuase of the time of year here in Indiana I can not test the #'s at the track. I am going on the feel of everyday driving which is the real purpose of my SS anyway.I installed my custom tune via e-mail and it is a real improvement and I love the tuning options Predator provides over all the other handhelds I have heard about.

Without trying to change this topic, I have been wondering what the guidelines are about listing the details of products that we SS members buy?

The rules are different depending upon who you are...I found that out early on....

Archived