Got A New Beater

Holty

Geez Josh, that really sucks. Sorry to hear about your cousin, hopefully everything turns for the better, hang in there. :cheers:

In terms of the car, again it could be the fuel pump. A remedy for a possible faulty fuel pump is to rap on the tank with a hammer or something similar (helps dislodge crap stuck in the pump) while someone starts the car, 75% of the time this will work. It is possible that the car got jarred around a bunch while being towed having the same effect. This could be why it started for the mechanic. Having delt with this many times before, I would start with the fuel pump, just my $0.02.

Holty, sounds like something with the fuel system. My roommates car ran out of gas one night and it wouldnt start up for the next two days, he took it to a shop, they purged the line and it started right up. The following week it wouldnt start again and he killed the battery while trying to fire it up, next day before work he decided to try it and it started up like nothing was wrong. Ran a bunch of sea foam and injector cleaner through it and its been fine since.

First of all ASSHAT (LOL j/k), its NOT all about the gas savings ok?! Yes, a large part of the reason for buying the car was to save on gas, which 60 miles round trip a day for me was costing over $80 a week in gas at 12.5mpg highway. The MAIN reason i wanted a beater is to keep my truck nice and not have to drive it so much everyday back and fourth. All the rock chips and door dings i was getting was driving me nuts. I really enjoy winning trophies with it and i want to keep the truck show quality and race ready 90% of the time. SECONDLY, my wife drives a sports car, so we wanted something with a decent trunk and a back seat to use for family events and going out with friends. It was ultimatly her decision on buying this car, i wanted a bmw lol. The bike was sold for financial reasons, nothing to do with transportation. Do me a favor punk, stfu ok? wurd.

sorry to hear the news Josh! nice to see they figured out what was up with the beater though. I hear ya on the reason why you got one. I wanna do the same but can't afford it right now.

even more though, sorry to hear about your cousin. My girlfriend's father (he's 65) was diagnosed in Feb or March with cancer and finished his chemo a few weeks ago. he has no trace left. they also found some in his spinal fluid when he started chemo so he was to go on spinal injections after the chemo was done. He had one last week. I guess they remove your spinal fluid and replace it. After testing what they took out, they found no traces of what they saw before. He was scheduled for 2 more shots (which I hear are worse than a spinal tap) and now they aren't sure if they want to give them to him.

they have come a long way with cancer research!!

damn Holty sucks to hear the bad news with the car and ur cousin, but u know wat they say, when it rains it pours.... my best friends daughter was born 2 months premature last month, he lost his job not too long before that and his pops has to serv a lil time for some BS everything seemed to be coming down all at once, and all i could say to him is that i had his back no matter what and just to have a lil faith. now his lil girl is doing much better he got a better job and his pops is doing good too believe me ur cousin will come out this a better and much stonger willed person. tell ur cuz we said too keep his head up from all the member here....

-Rob

Sounds like your mechanic got the Nissan figured out. I know how you feel about not trusting it but after a few short trips you should feel confident that the intermittent electronic gremlin is "outta there".

I am sorry to hear of your cousin's cancer diagnosis. I will complete my radiation treatments at the end of this month and can't tell you how important attitude and a great mental outlook is to the outcome of cancer. My thoughts and prayers are with your cousin and her family. Please extend my wishes to her to have a positive attitude and for her to "kick some cancer butt".

Glad to hear you got it running. My brother had a 99 maxima loaded with heated seats, leather, and a sunroof with a bose system I believe we paid around 2400 for it if i remember right but it already had 200k on it and it would start right up and run fine though it did fry a coil pack in about a week and i want to say it was around 60 bucks for it. the thing about the maxima is each cylinder has its own coil so if you have more than one go out it can add up pretty quick. once we figured that out the car ran just fine no tranny problems or engine problems but my brother ended up selling it because he missed a 5speed car and now he needs a 4 door cuz he has a kid on the way go figure lol. Oh and they are great for trips, xtra comfy!