Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, And Chips Vs. Custom Tune.

FFHamptonSS

Sup y'all,

I'm Hunter, from NC. I don't have my SS truck yet, but I should be buying it soon. It is a 06 Intimidator SS. I am wanting to get exhaust, a Cold Air Intake, and haven't decided yet about a chip or custom tune? I was wondering if y'all could tell me which ones are the best in each catergory, like sounds the best, and gives you the most HP. All the help would be appreciated.

*Intake:

Many of us here have the Outlaw Power intake because it was developed on 4 member's SS at Outlaw Power and is proven to make power, reduce ET's and help your mpg (if you keep off the gas pedal).

The dynos are here: http://www.outlawpower.com/productdetail.php?sc=1274

*Exhaust:

This recomendation highly depends on the sound you are trying to achieve.

*Tune:

A "dyno tuned" custom tune is best after you have your mods installed. Most importantly over brand is the talent of the ecu programmer/dyno operator.

*Intake:

Many of us here have the Outlaw Power intake because it was developed on 4 member's SS at Outlaw Power and is proven to make power, reduce ET's and help your mpg (if you keep off the gas pedal).

*Exhaust:

*Tune:

A "dyno tuned" custom tune is best after you have your mods installed. Most importantly over brand is the talent of the ecu programmer/dyno operator.

:withstupid: I got an Outlaw Power CAI and love it. Couldnt get my AWD SS on a dyno, so I had a street tune with HP Tuners. That was a huge difference! :thumbs:

*Intake:

*Exhaust:

*Tune:

haulin'......how big a difference could you tell when you added the outlaw intake? About how much horsepower?

haulin'......how big a difference could you tell when you added the outlaw intake? About how much horsepower?

I doubt you can feel the extra 5-10 HP but your SS should breath better and maybe be a little louder. If you go with a bigger ehaust setup then you'll most likely lose low end torque but getting a custome tune will help that.

Yeah, i was wanting to get some exhaust, but not sure which kind I want to get. I want to have it exit before the tire. I would like to have it exit from both sides before the tire, but haven't seen anybody with that, so I don't know, if I would be able to do it?

*Intake:

*Exhaust:

*Tune:

:withstupid: All except for the intake, i have AEM brute force dry flow intake.........its just preference i guess