Ooh Ooh That Smell?

RacerJJ

Ok, I put on my Thundervolt wires, fixed my tune with Reynaldo's super tune up :thumbs: and installed the LT's with new exhaust. I drove my truck around a bit today and it has this weird odor, kinda like burning corn or something. Is this normal with the new headers? I also painted all of the welds and flanges on my exhaust with high-heat paint. What gives??? My wires aren't burning and the truck ran bitchin'. Your insight is appreciated!

hi temp paints usually tend to let off an odor when curing, you may even notice a little blue smoke as it burns off the silicates and oils. if it lasts more the about an hour, it's probably something else burning.

I didn't notice it that strong when I first ran it open header after the install. I could mostly only smell the raw fuel. Now, with the exhaust done, it was VERY strong. I don't know about how long it lasted because I only drove it minimally yesterday. This is the first time I have really driven it since installing all of this. I think it's the first time the headers really got up to temp as well as the rest of the pipes. Could this have something to do with actually driving the truck? All it has done since the install has run in the driveway.

Edited by RacerJJ (see edit history)

well it will smell for a a while but it will go away, it could be the paint you used on the wels too, no worries bro :thumbs: how does she run?

Outstanding! Thanks to Reynaldo's help, it runs, drives and idles better than ever. I can't wait to get it to the track. I'm still getting a lean code but hopefully my new o2 sensors will repair that.

Outstanding! Thanks to Reynaldo's help, it runs, drives and idles better than ever. I can't wait to get it to the track. I'm still getting a lean code but hopefully my new o2 sensors will repair that.

When i put the LT's on one of the O2's went bad on me, so was the LT's were worth it right?

ewwwww that smell........can't you smell that smell. runnin too rich maybe?
Considering I'm getting a lean code, I doubt I'm running too rich plus it's not coming from the exit of the exhaust. It's more coming from the pipes themselves.
When i put the LT's on one of the O2's went bad on me, so was the LT's were worth it right?
So far! We'll see what the track says.