The Secret...

usabodyguard

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

books been out for awhile now... movie just came out this year i think... but recent anyways...

yo john, i will check out the gift movie...

there is another good movie too... its called "what the bleep, down the rabbit hole"

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

Havent seen The Secret yet, but will look for it. Sounds interesting.

I also believe that attitude and what you truly believe inside can and will change things you desire. I once worked with a guy who was pissed at the world, everthing pissed him off...the type of guy who would be pissed if you gave him a million dollars, you know the type? One day our boss told him "you know, you only get as mad as you let yourself". Those words have stuck with me (did not change my co-worker one bit) for about 3 yrs now and let me tell you, what a diffence those few words have made in my life. Sounds simple I know, but being positive has really opened a bunch of doors for me.

My opinion, take it for what its worth:

Self help book/movies and motivational shit like this is a crock. If you need a book or a movie to tell you how to be happy, successful, get the girl, or just generally be motivated then your in pretty sad shape.

Life itself and its relatively short span of time should be all the motivation you need to get off your ass and make something of yourself.

I haven't needed a book, movie, or guru to get me where I am today... I'm happy, fulfilled, and continually striving to improve myself, my life, my situation. I'm not out to line someone else's pockets by purchasing some gimmicky book or movie.

Again, no offense, if it works for you great. Stuff like this just seems like an enormous waste of time to me.

My opinion, take it for what its worth:

Self help book/movies and motivational shit like this is a crock. If you need a book or a movie to tell you how to be happy, successful, get the girl, or just generally be motivated then your in pretty sad shape.

Life itself and its relatively short span of time should be all the motivation you need to get off your ass and make something of yourself.

I haven't needed a book, movie, or guru to get me where I am today... I'm happy, fulfilled, and continually striving to improve myself, my life, my situation. I'm not out to line someone else's pockets by purchasing some gimmicky book or movie.

Again, no offense, if it works for you great. Stuff like this just seems like an enormous waste of time to me.

I totally agree. I was raised to work hard. I have worked hard in school and it has paid off. I know it will continue to pay off when I graduate from college this May.

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

Hey, your truck runs great but you still change the oil, give it a tune-up, change the belts and filters. Same idea here. None of us would be on this forum owning the trucks and toys we have if we haven't met with some success in our personal lives. This is about tuning up your life to get more bang out of the short time you get to have. I haven't seen the movie or read the book, but I'm willing to bet "The Secret" isn't really a secret once you stop and really think about it and how life works. Anybody who's done EST or The Forum could probably relate.

Deep thread. Nice. Sooo, anybody seen the latest ta-ta's over in Gasoline Alley? :devil:

it also works negatively... if you are having a bad day and your mood is shitty, more bad things will happen... the secret is all about one thing...

the law of attraction... period!

I always thought the law was, that opposites attract :crackup:

Not being a smart ass here but I did check out some info on The Secret and The Laws of Attraction on the net and though I'm not one to be skeptical of things right away, this one seems too far fetched. I mean, if I buy a lottery scratch ticket and concentrate really, really, really hard that it's going to be a million dollar winner, I see myself scratching the numbers slowly and then seeing the winning numbers, seeing myself buying a new house with that money, etc., then it will happen? Well, I got news for ya, it didn't. If it was as easy as that, then no one would be poor. I'm not saying people shouldn't have a positive attitude. I think that in some cases, people with bad attitudes that are angry all the time, can actually cause their bodies to become sick and get illnesses. But that doesn't mean that postitive happy people won't get cancer or heart diesease either. JMO.

Not being a smart ass here but I did check out some info on The Secret and The Laws of Attraction on the net and though I'm not one to be skeptical of things right away, this one seems too far fetched. I mean, if I buy a lottery scratch ticket and concentrate really, really, really hard that it's going to be a million dollar winner, I see myself scratching the numbers slowly and then seeing the winning numbers, seeing myself buying a new house with that money, etc., then it will happen? Well, I got news for ya, it didn't. If it was as easy as that, then no one would be poor. I'm not saying people shouldn't have a positive attitude. I think that in some cases, people with bad attitudes that are angry all the time, can actually cause their bodies to become sick and get illnesses. But that doesn't mean that postitive happy people won't get cancer or heart diesease either. JMO.
:withstupid: I agree. Not to knock someone's beliefs, because we all should have a positive outlook to have a happier existence. I'm a Christian, and I believe that, and hard work, has been the backbone to my success. Whatever works for you, great. It's good to have a force that drives you.