438 Twin Turbo

2004Denali

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...quadrasteer is too much of an electronic pain/headache to transplant...it requires its own software controls in the pcm...I worked on the development of the quadrasteer in conjunction with the abs systems for GM...let me say...there is a reason why it didnt last long and it wasnt because of public opinion. The costs were too high as an option and warranty claims were higher than just abotu any other new system gm has introduced.

BTW...nice project...make it a kit and sell it for $50k!

I agree somewhat about the cost of the option... and towards the end, GM had it down to a $2000 option.

It started out (in Canada, anyways) as a $8000 option, then went down to a $4000 option and then in the last Year and a Half, $4000 with a $2000 rebate. So yes, it was costly for the early buyers of a QS Truck. By the time GM got the price down to something reasonable, the damage had been done. Sales were poor, cause it was so expensive, before.

For $8000, even I would have spent that money on a Diesel option, instead of QuadraSteer, if I had it to blow a pile of Cash on one single option package.

If you wanted a Sierra Denali, years 2002 to 2005, you had to get it with QuadraSteer as it came standard.

The QuadraSteer option came with Roof Marker Lamps, Rear Fender Clearance Lamps, Plastic Rear Fenders, Trailering Equipment Group, 145 Amp Alternator, Autoride Suspension Package, Locking Rear Differential, Traction Control and Up-sized Heavy-Duty Brakes.

Black-2003-SS... I'm curious about your Particpation in the development of the QuadraSteer Axle ? I'm also wondering where you got the Data about all the Warranty Claims on QuadraSteer. Care to elaborate ?

Do I even want to know what this is costing, We spent 25,000 to make an s10 blazer run in the 8-9 second range and that was 84 with a big block this has to be out there. But it does look absolutely gorgeous great job keep the pics coming

Yeah...quadrasteer is too much of an electronic pain/headache to transplant...it requires its own software controls in the pcm...I worked on the development of the quadrasteer in conjunction with the abs systems for GM...let me say...there is a reason why it didnt last long and it wasnt because of public opinion. The costs were too high as an option and warranty claims were higher than just abotu any other new system gm has introduced.

I would really like to know how you came about this info:

you say you worked on the developement and aren't aware there is no PCM control or software needed for the PCM. It is a simple BCM reflash after two simple hookups, the VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor) wire and the steering wheel posistion sensor. All Quadrasteer functions come from the Quadrasteer module.

Theres a guy in Australia adding Quadrasteer to Hummers. Once he finds the Quadrasteer units, is a pretty simple job adding it. The only thing that needs to be added to the truck is the steering posistion sensor. It mounts on the steering wheel shaft. The one from any Quadrasteer truck fits.

We have over 2600 members on Denalitrucks.com and have had no real problems with the Quadrasteer.

Mark

I noticed that he never mentioned Delphi...Being that is who actually developed Quadrasteer. From my understanding, there was nothing wrong(electrical or mechanical) with it. People just had a hard time caughing up an additional 5K when signing the papers....So it's life was short lived.

Should make for some really mean doughnuts though.

That motor is gorgeous... Great job cleaning up the engine bay as well, can't wait to see it all back together...

Now you've got me wondering if it would be possible to swap QS into an SS...

it is actually not that hard, but the Dan 60 is 5 inches wider than your rear end, hence the hips on the Denali's

Mark