Newenglanddragway

JF-03-SS

Track season is winding up around here. Anyone interested in going Friday night the 12th? Gates open at 5:00pm and racing is from 6:00pm-10:00pm. Hope the weather is good and cold because I'm looking for a new best time. That would be a good way to end the season :thumbs: I know that there are a few of you that say you want to go so here is your chance.

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well... It's only 3 hours from me and I get out of work at 4:30pm... if racing is until 10pm then I might be able to get a few runs in, right? I'd like to be able to see what my truck is running in lower temps... I'm also headed down to LVD on the 13th for the Pinks event, so it'd be a damn good weekend to hit both tracks!!!

I'll think about it, I'll know by next week sometime... What is the entry fee like for drivers and crew?

definitely too far for me on short notice.......myself, Krambo, Rockhead, IH82W8, SYSTEM-OH-SS, and possibly Hankg42 are gonna try and attack Island Dragway in NJ on a Friday night sometime in the beginning of November :chevy:

It is $20.00 to race. I am not sure what it cost just to watch, $10.00 I would think. You are going to rack up the ol' miles on that :chevrolet: SS Alex. Should be a good time, but it will be packed.

You're damn right I am... It's an SS, it'd be SStupid not to drive it!!! :chevy: I'm almost at 7000 and I've owned it for maybe 7 months now?

definitely too far for me on short notice.......myself, Krambo, Rockhead, IH82W8, SYSTEM-OH-SS, and possibly Hankg42 are gonna try and attack Island Dragway in NJ on a Friday night sometime in the beginning of November :chevy:

AAACH!! That's 6 hours from me!! If I'd known waay ahead of time I boom down there, but on short notice w/o time to plan my expenses, forget that!! Maybe if it was Saturday and I had a little more notice and a place to crash I head down there... You guys to need to put up these thoughts ahead of time so I can rack up more mileage!!!

You're damn right I am... It's an SS, it'd be SStupid not to drive it!!! :chevy: I'm almost at 7000 and I've owned it for maybe 7 months now?

AAACH!! That's 6 hours from me!! If I'd known waay ahead of time I boom down there, but on short notice w/o time to plan my expenses, forget that!! Maybe if it was Saturday and I had a little more notice and a place to crash I head down there... You guys to need to put up these thoughts ahead of time so I can rack up more mileage!!!

trust me I got you beat with mileage.....I have had the SSS close to 16 months now and I am rearing towards 21,000 miles.........Yeah Island Dragway was mentioned in passing at LVD, don't worry i'll start a post on it soon :chevy:

That'd be much better... But why not go for a test/tune day like saturday or sunday? I'm open to the 26th, I'd just rather do this on a weekend...

What ever works for people.......I am game. Just NO bracket racing, if you go out in the 1st round you are all done. Test and tune would be fine.

what classes are running brackts??

I'm going to make it up. i'm jumping out of work at 3-3:30 so i should be up ther between 5-5:30.

I don't think they run bracket in Friday night. I was saying that I would not go when they are running bracket. I did that once and it cost $38 for three runs. Broke out in the 1st round, so Fuk that :crackup:

Cool I will see you there Matt :thumbs:

Maybe if it was Saturday and I had a little more notice and a place to crash I head down there... You guys to need to put up these thoughts ahead of time so I can rack up more mileage!!!

You are always welcome to crash at my place. Just keep in mind the kids are like songbirds,...up with the sun. :happysad:

Island on a Friday night in late Oct and Nov is something to see. If you hot lap, you could quite possibly get 30-50 passes. :tumbleweed: No race cars on Friday nites either,...all street.

You are always welcome to crash at my place. Just keep in mind the kids are like songbirds,...up with the sun. :happysad:

Island on a Friday night in late Oct and Nov is something to see. If you hot lap, you could quite possibly get 30-50 passes. :tumbleweed: No race cars on Friday nites either,...all street.

30-50 passes :drool: I've never gotten to make more than 7-10 ever at a strip. that crazy.