Ecsb Vmax Vs Rcsb Tundra

madmax

this was my first race with a new tundra. :ughdance: whenever i see one at a red light i always try to reel them in but its kinda tough to get a grandpa to race with you...but today on the 405 south i bumped into a young sprout driving a new silver rcsb tundra and i knew right away he wanted some.

i was just cruising behind a small patch of traffic in the fast lane when i saw him in my rear view haulin ass...he switches into the lane im in to get around someone so i slow down knowing that he'll try to whip around me...when he does i floor it and pull nose to nose with him until we run up to the traffic ahead of us. he looks over at me with this big grin on his face...i tried my best to contain mine...both of our lanes have a few cars in front of us but its wide open in front of them, so we wait...hes still looking at me with that big ass grin on his face and this is when i first realize hes in a single cab not an extended or crew cab so i get really excited. i look down at the speedo and were doin about 60...im in the left lane and hes in the middle lane...he has the slow lane to his right which is about to open up and ive got the empty car pool next to me. when his window opens he shoots the right lane so i say screw it and jump into the carpool...we both shoot our lanes at about the same time but im pulling just a little bit harder...when i hit fourth gear i pull about a truck on him...at this point we both pass the patch of traffic and we have a wide open stretch of freeway...he cuts over to the middle lane so i cut in front of him...im about two trucks ahead at this point and still pulling. im watching him in my rear view as im passing 110 and hes just getting smaller and smaller so i figure either he quit or his governor got him...so i let off feeling satisfied with the carnage.

i took the next exit and as im waiting for the light to turn he pulls up next to me. i roll my window down and pop my head out to ask him what hes done to his truck but he wouldnt even look at me. gave my horn a little honk honk but he still wouldnt look over. guess i hurt his feelings... :crackup:

this was my first race with a new tundra. :ughdance: whenever i see one at a red light i always try to reel them in but its kinda tough to get a grandpa to race with you...but today on the 405 south i bumped into a young sprout driving a new silver rcsb tundra and i knew right away he wanted some.

i was just cruising behind a small patch of traffic in the fast lane when i saw him in my rear view haulin ass...he switches into the lane im in to get around someone so i slow down knowing that he'll try to whip around me...when he does i floor it and pull nose to nose with him until we run up to the traffic ahead of us. he looks over at me with this big grin on his face...i tried my best to contain mine...both of our lanes have a few cars in front of us but its wide open in front of them, so we wait...hes still looking at me with that big ass grin on his face and this is when i first realize hes in a single cab not an extended or crew cab so i get really excited. i look down at the speedo and were doin about 60...im in the left lane and hes in the middle lane...he has the slow lane to his right which is about to open up and ive got the empty car pool next to me. when his window opens he shoots the right lane so i say screw it and jump into the carpool...we both shoot our lanes at about the same time but im pulling just a little bit harder...when i hit fourth gear i pull about a truck on him...at this point we both pass the patch of traffic and we have a wide open stretch of freeway...he cuts over to the middle lane so i cut in front of him...im about two trucks ahead at this point and still pulling. im watching him in my rear view as im passing 110 and hes just getting smaller and smaller so i figure either he quit or his governor got him...so i let off feeling satisfied with the carnage.

i took the next exit and as im waiting for the light to turn he pulls up next to me. i roll my window down and pop my head out to ask him what hes done to his truck but he wouldnt even look at me. gave my horn a little honk honk but he still wouldnt look over. guess i hurt his feelings... :crackup:

Nice Kill! I'm still looking for one for a real race. I love beating kids!

Hey you never said, did he have the 4.7 or the 5.7 engine? If he had the 5.7 I guess a intake, exhaust, and tune help quite a bit, congratz

I think he would take a stock 5.7 Tundra with what he has. He's got the Vortec MAX package in a 2WD with the 4.10 gear option. I know of at least one truck equipped like his (except it had the taller 3.73 gears) that broke into the 13's with drag radials, Nelson tune, Pacesetters, CAI, and a 160 degree t-stat. Link to thread

Most of the 2WD V-Max's have 3.73 gears. The 4.10's are quicker.

Mine has the 4.10's but I am 4WD, so I'm 200 pounds or so heavier (about 2 tenths in the quarter).

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

I think he would take a stock 5.7 Tundra with what he has. He's got the Vortec MAX package in a 2WD with the 4.10 gear option. I know of at least one truck equipped like his (except it had the taller 3.73 gears) that broke into the 13's with drag radials, Nelson tune, Pacesetters, CAI, and a 160 degree t-stat. Link to thread

Most of the 2WD V-Max's have 3.73 gears. The 4.10's are quicker.

Mine has the 4.10's but I am 4WD, so I'm 200 pounds or so heavier (about 2 tenths in the quarter).

Mike

Really? Most of the 2wd vmaxes that I see have 4.10s rather then 3.73s. I rarely see any with the factory peformance package with 3.73s and 20s.