3.1 pulley UPGRADE

Troyz34

Let me know how much boost you want to run. We can get you a smaller Vortech pulley.

The tensioner is able to compensate for most pulley upgrades. It would be good to go with a smaller belt if you find that your getting belt slippage.

Tom

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How much boost are you guys seeing with the 3.1? Is it 7lbs?

I am seeing a little over 8. Oh wait a minute, I have the 3.0 :D

I got a Goodyear Gatorback this week (111.5). I haven't noticed a hint of slippage. I was getting it with the Gates belt. Of course I would never had known that without some thread telling me to look for the black dust. :wtf:

Is 10 pounds of boost pushing it to far?

That's about what I'm going to be at. With your compression, you'll probably see some detonation. Tuning may be able to prevent that. I'm hoping that it won't be too much of a factor for me, but I have lowered my CR to about 9.5:1.

Is 10 pounds of boost pushing it to far?

That's about what I'm going to be at. With your compression, you'll probably see some detonation. Tuning may be able to prevent that. I'm hoping that it won't be too much of a factor for me, but I have lowered my CR to about 9.5:1.

When you lower the compression dont you loose hp?

Yes and no. If you have a 9.5:1 and are running 7psi of boost, and you drop your C/R to 8.5:1 and raise your boost up to 13psi you will make more power from the boost. So, yes it will be "easier" on your motor in some ways.....I would say it will be "safer" more reliable HP to lower your C/R and run more boost. + you can run a dab more timing with the lower C/R. This is the route I plan on going this year with my 6.0 build up. 8.5:1 C/R with about 12-13 psi.

Yes and no. If you have a 9.5:1 and are running 7psi of boost, and you drop your C/R to 8.5:1 and raise your boost up to 13psi you will make more power from the boost. So, yes it will be "easier" on your motor in some ways.....I would say it will be "safer" more reliable HP to lower your C/R and run more boost. + you can run a dab more timing with the lower C/R. This is the route I plan on going this year with my 6.0 build up. 8.5:1 C/R with about 12-13 psi.

Thanks for the info. :thumbs:

Let me know how much boost you want to run. We can get you a smaller Vortech pulley.

The tensioner is able to compensate for most pulley upgrades. It would be good to go with a smaller belt if you find that your getting belt slippage.

Tom

Im thinking maybe 10-11 lbs.

Speaking of belts, it is a good idea to keep a spare under the seat. These longer belts aren't the sort of thing you find at the corner auto parts store in the middle of the night. And you know when it does break, it won't be at a convienient time or place :eek:

Speaking of belts, it is a good idea to keep a spare under the seat. These longer belts aren't the sort of thing you find at the corner auto parts store in the middle of the night. And you know when it does break, it won't be at a convienient time or place :eek:

That's a great point, ive been meaning to get a spare.

Archived