Wheatley Performance

keebler85

Tell Charlie what your current mods are and what you are looking for, he will hook you up. :thumbs:

I had a Hypertech tuner before Charlie's tune, and the difference is night and day. A good tune like one from Wheatley Performance with basic bolt ons like CAI and a Cat-Back can net you in the area of 40+ hp. :chevy:

He charges $275 for the tuned PCM and a refundable $125 core charge upon return of your old PCM, or you can eat the core charge and keep your stock PCM for warranty purposes like I did. On a side note, a suggestion I have is to get rid of 50% of the Torque Management and no more seeing how you are close to stock. Trust me it will feel like a whole new truck with a great tune. :chevrolet:

dang, and it's been awhile since i've gotten a new mod :D did the tune firm up the shifts a bit? and it would be best to only take off 50% of the torque managment? and also, did it improve MPG a bit?

Oh yeah they firmed up.....I had my SSS dynoed by a local shop and sent Charlie the dyno sheets along with a list of what I was looking for, and walla, he wrote me a kick-@ss tune. driving.gif I told him that I wanted quick firm shifts that I could feel, but nothing that would drive my passengers nuts. If your trans is stock I wouldn't remove any more than 50% of the TM......the TM is designed to help prolong trans life, I wouldn't remove all of it unless you have a shift kit. I saw a nice improvement in gas mileage...local driving it was getting 10-12 average, now it gets 12-14 average with the tune......highway it was getting 18-20 and now it gets 20-22 with the tune, so a 2mpg gain overall. Ask Mr. P. who was at Lebannon Valley with us a few weeks ago up here, my truck is running like a raped ape, in his words "this truck is running gooooood." :chevy:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

Charlie know's his Graphs, We Tuned mine yesterday and already had a dyno tune on the truck, Believe Fireman, shit is Night and Day, I live around the corner from his place so its easier for me but man its worth it if ur gonna mail it, and he's a cool ass guy trying to get u the best bang for ur buck