#$@%&*#@*!! transmission

Go here and look at item# L65S hardened shafts

Absolutely right! When you're ready for that new tranny, go to Performance Automotive and Transmission Center. Get your hands on the "Mega Raptor" with all extreme duty parts. After twice ripping the reaction shell apart on my 700R4 (4L60) bolted to my 383 stroker silerado 4X4, I decided to go with these guys. The raptor parts will stand up to 600 lbs of torque. Don at PATC is very helpful and knows his business. Brand new trannys - no core required. A very satisfied customer. :thumbs:

what you've got there isn't anything really new and it's not technicaly a bulliten. it's called a p.i. from gm and that peticular one is just for referrence in finding the more common issue's with that trans for transmission diagnosis. the real kick to that is i don't know where you got that from, but p.i.'s according to gm are never to make it to public, hence their term "preliminary information".

on the other one, is only second gone?

yes 2nd is nonexistant.it acts like a clogged modulator valve;winds high in 1st,then goes past 2nd into 3rd.even tried manually shifting into 2nd,but it just freewheels.i have a guy that is supposed to be very good to build this week.just don't trust people very much when it comes to my rides. :rolleyes:

Procharged04ss-

1. That's the same problem I had the first time my trans went, 2nd gone.

2. The 2nd time only had 1st gear, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gone. Burnt through the clutch also.

3. Now I can fell 2nd gear going.

Zippy-

I know it’s a PI and it’s from 12-30-03. Just sharing some info on consistent problem I am experiencing.

yes 2nd is nonexistant.it acts like a clogged modulator valve;winds high in 1st,then goes past 2nd into 3rd.even tried manually shifting into 2nd,but it just freewheels.i have a guy that is supposed to be very good to build this week.just don't trust people very much when it comes to my rides. :rolleyes:

Save yourself some pain and call FLP. My TQ converter failed so we went through the transmission as long as it was out. And I'm happy to report the we didn't need to replace the clutches or the band. :thumbs:

[Absolutely right! When you're ready for that new tranny, go to Performance Automotive and Transmission Center. Get your hands on the "Mega Raptor" with all extreme duty parts. After twice ripping the reaction shell apart on my 700R4 (4L60) bolted to my 383 stroker silerado 4X4, I decided to go with these guys. The raptor parts will stand up to 600 lbs of torque. Don at PATC is very helpful and knows his business. Brand new trannys - no core required. A very satisfied customer. :thumbs:

I have a Mega-Raptor in my Camaro no complaints here :thumbs:

Archived