Cool Start remote start system

jeffnjill

I still haven't found out a way to make the memory seats work yet, besides pushing the button.  :(

You have to turn this feature on. It is in the dash settings, use your steering wheel controls.

It don't work quite that easy. You have two ways of doing it, during unlock, or during key in. Using an after-market key fob w/ the remote start kills option #1. And when you start the truck, without the key, it kills option #2. So I'm back to the same boat, lost memory seats. :(

i didnt lose any of my memory settings....seats, radio, mirrors, anything

and mine has the alarm with it also

Easy Exit seating is all I lost. I only like this option on key in/out, I dislike it moving with the remote. Removing the key, the seat moves to easy exit location, but after the truck is remote started, the seat doesn't move back to memory 1. It needs the key fob to tell it which position to move. If I jump out, and restart it with the key, it move fine.

I'll give that up to have heated seats though :P

Just program out the easy exit seating. That was cool for a while, but thought with all that motion, mine would go out about the time the warranty did.

The only reason I use the easy exit option is because of the crappy leather seating wear issue. I figured the lower the seat when I get in, the less rubbing pressure against it climbing into the seat.

But I have thought about the motion issue too. What's the lesser of two evils????

Yeah, I'm starting to regret disengaging my heated seats. It got down to 56 the other night. Thought I was gonna die when I got in the truck. DAMN those seats were slightly cool. :P

I bet during the summer months, you'd trade a little of my frost-bitten seats for your scalding hot leather. :P

Yeah, I'm starting to regret disengaging my heated seats. It got down to 56 the other night. Thought I was gonna die when I got in the truck. DAMN those seats were slightly cool. :P

slightly cool....mine were crackeling the other night when i got in my truck...right around 0 degrees...

Archived