big D tuning rally

sundowner

I'l be staying at the Hilton Gardens also. I will be there some time Friday night. Hopefully by 10. I may be able to leave earlier and hook up with Jared in OKC I'll know for sure in the morning.

Greg could you email me a cell number so I can get in touch if you guys are out on the town :cheers:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info Sundowner, right now I'm playing it by ear.

If all works I'll get up early Saturday and be heading north putting me in your neighborhood mid morning.

I have an a/c guy coming by this afternoon, heat broke, I think (hope) it's just a relay something simple.

Keeping an eye on the weather, mostly be coming for the beer and the good company. :D

WW :sleep:

I'm staying here:  Greg sent me the info and I reserved a room.  Not sure what time i'll be checking in, but i'll be there eventually lol.

Hilton Garden Inn

705 N. Central Expressway S.

Allen, Tx 75013

Hotel ph. 214.547.1700

got quotes of $79/night for friday and/or sat (about the same for all hotels(all 2 of them)) in allen

allen

Allen, I am staying at the same place. Not Friday though, just Saturday if people are around that long.

What is the plan for tonight in case I am able to get up there later this evening.

all: i am staying at amerihost. couldn't pass up $69 a night and it's closer to gregg's exit.

as far as i know the plan is to do some tuning tonight and then hit a sports bar and for the youngens (like me) who knows after that??? :devil:

all: i am staying at amerihost. couldn't pass up $69 a night and it's closer to gregg's exit.

as far as i know the plan is to do some tuning tonight and then hit a sports bar and for the youngens (like me) who knows after that??? :devil:

Hmmmm.....(scratching my head and wondering if more than one place will be hit that involves the word "strip")

Glad on the rates guys...they originally told me 79 at both. Amerihost and Hilton are damn near walking distance from each.

As far as this evening, (Benkey)....Uh...I will plead the fifth!! :jester:

Seriously, we will do something (or at least I will be). I will check it out with all who get here this evening and get a collective vote.

If anyone needs to catch me, email me and I will get you my cell. It will be safe to call until midnight.

Looking forward to it!! :cheers:

P.S. BEERS ON ICE! (hope ya'll like schlitz :jester: )

Quick question: If it rains tomorrow, which the weather map shows a high percentage chance of it happening, what are the plans for everyone the rest of the weekend?

Would anyone be interested in going to the track this evening? The only local track open tonight is Denton dragway, which is a 1/8th mile strip. Its an hour closer than the hallsville track.

http://www.dentondragway.com

Gates open at 6pm, and a midnight madness session keeps the strip open until 2:30am. Allen could tune everyone right on the strip. Its BYOB, which is fine with me. For the Oklahoma boys, the track is on the way down.

I would enjoy spending time with everyone at the track, but I'm afraid the weather isn't going to cooperate for saturday.

i'd be cool with that

big tex, those pics you posted a while back showing the bb mod, was that on a ss??

i took mine off and now i'm trying to find a hypertech local in stock because the bb keeps it open. any suggestions?

and fyi, denton isn't on the way. we get off of 35 right around the state line, and ctrow is going a totally different way. :)

I'm thinking I am going to leave my house at about 4:00 in the morning or so. Should take me about 3 and a half hours to get there or so. Or is that too early to show up? will ya'll still be passed out drunk then? :D Or I might just leave tonight, but since I am under 21 I won't be able to have as much fun as the rest of ya'll.

Looking at the map, it looks like sundowner's house had a dead end on the south end. I'm sure his neighbors wouldn't mind have a drag strip in front of their house.  :D

That would be cool!!

-Matt

Oh my neighbors would just LOVE that :lol:

Big tex...Allen is coming from the south. I will have to wait til all get here now to change plans. 3-4 are already on the road. You can check in with me later at 469.628.6580 (cell). I would say check in at 6 and I will see what all want to do. We may get a wave of rain tonite also :nonod: We may miss strip altogether (No comments Ben), but we'll still have a hell of a time. :cool:

Matt. Probably still be drunk...but hey, I awake or asleep, getting sober takes the same time :jester: I will be up and available at 8 a.m.

P.S. Ya'll better hurry, I got a head start!

Thanks sundowner. I'll check in later on this evening. If you guys opt for the track tonight, I'll catch up with everyone later tonight. If not, then lets hope the rain stays away tomorrow.

From your house location, the Denton racetrack can't be more than 1/2 an hour away.

Archived