Moderators Suggestion

KissMySilvSS

Question

Is it just me or do we need more moderators on this website? I mean we have more than 13,000 members or something like that I read. I know that all are not active, but this website gets quite a bit of activity! For the most part, everyone gets along without a problem on here, which is the way it should be. I just feel like Holty is taking the blunt of the work on himself. Jonmalibuss is on sometimes, and dcairns, BenKey are not as active as they used to be. I am not blaming anyone because work, family, etc is more important and I agree. sushiman was made a moderator and has never even made a post. I am not saying get rid of these guys at all, because they have all made the website great for all of us and I like every one of them. I just feel like we need a few more moderators to pick up the slack for when others are not online or active.? Does anyone feel this way? I am a member of a few other sites and they have 7-8 moderators. I am not saying this to throw my hat into the ring, because I am busy as a college student, but when I can get on between class and work I am on here. I would take on the duty if the other moderators feel they need help. If they don't, its no problem. I have been a loyal member to this site since July of 2003 and would like to give back to this great site!

Teddy

12 answers to this question

I would PM one of the admins if I were you,But I am sure that most people can tell that you are a true Chevy man,a real entheuseist,and love your truck. I think that all mod's should not only be fair and honest but also be a :chevy: guy,that way when they decide to sell thier SS and buy a toyota because its more reliable and has a better resale value....we would just end up losing a mod that we diddn't need as a member in the first place...just my .02

Thank you for your kind words. I have always been a Chevy man and always will be, my family has been in the GM automotive retail business since 1945 starting with Chevrolet and Oldsmobile, we now have four dealerships. I just feel that maybe we need a few more moderators to handle the general maintenace, etc. I am not saying that I should be a moderator, just offering my help to the site that I have been devoted to and that I love to be a part of. I wouldn't mind being a moderator and give back a little.

Teddy

Edited by KissMySilvSS (see edit history)

I agree about some of the mods. I am on this site all the time and some of the mods mentioneed above i have seen on here once or twice and never even heard of sushiman. I agree a moderator needs to be acive on this site more than once a year.

:withstupid: I agree with Brad, and it always seems like Holty does a majority of the work keeping this place in shape on a daily basis. Maybe it is time for a new Mod or two to give Josh a hand. :chevy:

i say for a mod you should be active every day and have a good outlook on what can be done to benefit the site. also should have a good neutral with fellow members and the last part. i think the new mods should be very knowledgable

I agree that more help would be nice. I try to do my share, but work has left me with less time to keep up on here and my gf doesn't have as much interest as me on the computer for hours at a time when I get home as I did when I was single. Holty has been a great add on to the staff and works alot at trying to make the site better. I certainly appreciate him. Another mod could be a nice add to the staff with the hope that they're as good as Holty or the others of the staff at their prime.

I agree with the voting idea... It should certainly be a regular who's activity on the site is daily at least... Needs to be someone who is fairly agreable and will pay attention to what is going on, and I think a voting process is a good way to ensure that. Let the people speak!!!

BTW: I'll throw my name in there, I haven't been on the site since 2003 like some of the guys but I'd love to help participate and contribute to this great forum any way I can! :cheers: