Junkyard Turbo For 6.0l

"Garrett Turbocharger.

.58 a/r on the compressor and .90 a/r on the turbine. The compressor wheel is 61mm and has NO shaft play. Uses a t3/t4 flange."

How would this do on a 6.0L...not shooting for records, low boost is cool, just want my project to have a turbo.

What would be "wrong" with this size??? what would the spool and such be good/bad?? would I be out of the map, making it a big heat pump???

The guy wants $200...

feb20887.jpg

here is the pic of it.

thanks

"Garrett Turbocharger.

.58 a/r on the compressor and .90 a/r on the turbine. The compressor wheel is 61mm and has NO shaft play. Uses a t3/t4 flange."

How would this do on a 6.0L...not shooting for records, low boost is cool, just want my project to have a turbo.

What would be "wrong" with this size??? what would the spool and such be good/bad?? would I be out of the map, making it a big heat pump???

The guy wants $200...

feb20887.jpg

here is the pic of it.

thanks

thats the same thing i have on my dodge daytona, 2.2Liter 16v motor. its'll pull 15-17 psi easy on that, but on your 6.0L... you already have the answer to that.

:lol: :lol:

I went to heatpumps.com ...they dont sell car parts :crackup:

TJ-your S10 inspired me to JY turbo my ratrod...any suggestions of a JY turbo??

I would buy a new one for the SSS, this is just an experiment/learning project.

hahaha, never thought about checking a actual site, I was just being a smart ass. What motor are you running in the rat? That can give me a better idea of what to aim you to.

a pic is worth a 1000 words.

I want the truck to look like this...execpt flat black

post-2566-1193848382_thumb.jpg

and here is the mocked up flipped exhaust on the LQ9 thats going in the rat.

post-2566-1193848498_thumb.jpg

I love it. If you want to spend under $500 on two internally gated turbos and make 600hp look no further then ebay. Everyone will tell you they don't work blah blah blah. We did a GTO with two of them t3t04e with .63 hot sides. It went 12.4@118 at 6psi!!! this was a bone stock car with 6l truck mani's flipped upside down and backwards. Stock exhaust with the cats too.

281519206.jpg

281519213.jpg

281519208.jpg

like the??? that cheap???

how does that work? the flange gets the hot and the round waste goes where???

did you run a crossover tube/balance tube.

I am so all over this, I have one from a hot air grand national, it froze and has a funny 6 bolt flange thing on it.