What Annoys You About Your Truck?

00silverad0

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real complaints I had about my SS are:

1- The dreaded front-end howl/grind

2- Terrible wind noise from the pass side rear window.

3- the biggest of them all, the fact that I no longer have it.

All in all, I absolutely loved the truck and I'll have another sometime. I hoping that chevy comes out with a better one in the new body.

The bed and the cab dont line up evenly and almost every other SS I see around is like that too. They need to make it a damn recall cause it looks like shit. The stereo isnt loud enough, and of course its not fast enough but thats gonna change

The bed and the cab dont line up evenly and almost every other SS I see around is like that too. They need to make it a damn recall cause it looks like shit. The stereo isnt loud enough, and of course its not fast enough but thats gonna change

I've noticed the bed and cab alignment too. I wonder if you can loosen the bed bolts and adjust the bed like I could on my s10?

I'd also like to note how my truck doesn't like rear tires and how I hate having a governor set at 98mph.

Edited by sdimedude (see edit history)

I've noticed the bed and cab alignment too. I wonder if you can loosen the bed bolts and adjust the bed like I could on my s10?

I'd also like to note how my truck doesn't like rear tires and how I hate having a governor set at 98mph.

I just went outside to check my bed's alignment.............. F*ck! :shakehead:

they're all like that man. I didn't notice how bad until mine was on the lift getting my exhaust done.

Or is it just because your bed is Tapered .... and you think it is out of alignment. It needs to slip through the air some how. ....

I noticed how tapered mine was, when I put my Fold-A-Cover on. Skinny near the window, wider near the tailgate.

Or is it just because your bed is Tapered .... and you think it is out of alignment. It needs to slip through the air some how. ....

I noticed how tapered mine was, when I put my Fold-A-Cover on. Skinny near the window, wider near the tailgate.

nope. it's the bed. the rear bumper is off center alittle on the right side and the lines from the cab to the bed are off center on each side too. nothing huge, but an annoying little thing I see when I clean it. I thought that maybe it was from a wreck the previous owner could have had that I didn't know of, but in NJ, I noticed that I wasn't the only one. One of the guys pointed out that it is common. My buddy's 2500 was the same way.

Yikes!

For me...door dings. Dark paint just highlights the stupidity of people who park next to you.

On the repair front:

Steering clunk...GONE! My local Chevy dealer just put the new fix in during my last oil change. I can't believe I suffered with that for so long. Because I had an attempt at a repair while it was still under warranty, the fix was free.

Guage flutter...Recalled! Got the notice in the mail from GM last week. If the truck is less than seven years old or less than 70,000 miles, and you're experiencing problems with your guage cluster (fluttering or completely dead needles) your local dealer will swap out your guage cluster with a new one. :driving: