Went To Sema...

usabodyguard

So spoolin (julien) and I went to Sema the other day.... i got passes from a friend of mine at Sema and we were excited to go...

we left the other day at 4am for our 4 hour drive into vegas from socal... we left at 4am sharp, hoping to get there by 730-800am... so we thought.

we make awesome time and we were way ahead of schedule... until traffic on the 15 came to a dead stop... after about ten minutes in the car, everyone started getting out and talking to eachother and the truckers were all telling everyone that a USED OIL tanker truck and flipped over and used oil was all over the freeway... the police said it would be at least a 20 hour wait... but get this we are in the middle of the damn desert.... and i mean middle of nowhere...

so after about an hour of waiting, we finally were told to drive across the freeway.... big dirt divider and go back another way... a more desolate and obscure way... so we did...

after driving for 30 minutes or so, and 30 minutes from the nearest PHONE... my cell phone had no service... i was driving about 70mph on a two lane road behind a truck, along comes a 4 door compact sedan, PASSING ME, and i slowed down a little and muttered moron... and about 15 seconds later the car was still in the oncoming lane passing another car around a curve... LOST control and hit the ditch on the opposite side of the road going at least 75mph+... the car soared into the air and hit a joshua tree and flipped over a bunch of time and spun around... i yelled OH SHIT... (you can hear it on juliens video and he will post after math pics...)

I immediately stopped and said we had to help (im a certified EMT) and I ran across the road i could barely see the car from all of the dust everywhere... I really expected to see someone dead or severly injured... i came up to the car and three people were inside... a woman, her son (10yrs old) and girl (14 yrs old) and the girl was in the back seat laying down bleed from her head... the woman got out of her car and was in shock... me and julien were completely amazed no one was thrown from the car as the windows were blown out and the car was mangled...

i then asked if anyone was missing... the dog was missing!! it was throw from the car... at this point everyone was out of the car bruised and battered... i started looking for the dog... i found a purse, a headlight, and varioius parts... no dog... after a few minutes of everyone calling the dog, i told them, they might want to stop looking as they might not want to see it... then we heard whinning... sure enough dog was alive but about 50 feet from the car, but alive...

here we are, in the middle of the desert and no one else is on scene, everyone who stopped was long gone... that was BS... so julien had 1 bar of reception and no one else had coverage... we called 911 and waited for 25 minutes and we told them there were injuries... we then saw them getting worse, disorientation, shock was wearing off... and the kids needed medica attention... so we took them 30+ miles to the freeway and took them to the paramedics... we saw them on the freeway and flagged them down... they were going to the call anyways and took them from us. I guess we did our good deed for the day...lol

it took us 7 hours to finally get to Sema... but it was an awesome show and I have some good pictures, will post some tomorrow...

pics of the accident, sema, and hawaii to come... LOL... i have some uploading to do!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother Dave and I went to SEMA and just got back tonight. Was my first time there and man is that place HUGE!! icon_eek.gif Don't think we covered more than 20% of it and I can't even recall what I did see. Had a rough beginning to the trip but luckily we kept going and it ended up being worth it.

So I picked up my brother at 4 a.m. and we headed out to Vegas in our nifty rental Nissan Moreno gr_cool.gif(CVT tranny was cool but power sucked assguns.gif). About an hour from Vegas I-15 came to a halt.

Turns out just 20 minutes earlier a Tanker truck flipped over and spilled it's content of Lube Oil (hearsay) onto the freeway and the only road in and out of Las Vegas from LA was to be shut down until the mess could be cleaned up. Wait time was expected to be 20 hours! gr_zzz.gifgr_zzz.gif

We (meaning Dave because I was sleeping in the back) started BS'ing with some truck drivers and told us of a little used and deserted road that by-passed the stricken area of I-15. So we took up their advice and went to find this barren road.

So we find the exit and we also find this gas station which was in the middle of nowhere and their gas prices reflected their ignorance to what the rest of the world was charging for gas!

CIMG2308.jpg

So we proceeded into the unknown and we felt like we were heading down the ass end of a sexually confused and curious teenager. Almost felt like we were headed in the right direction if we were planning on burying some bodies...secret.gif

CIMG2310.jpg

Passed by some nice accommodations that looked like they belonged in a horror movie shot in the old west.

CIMG2315.jpg

Anyways, feeling confident we got our hic-up for the trip out of the way we started heading back towards the interstate down a one lane (two-way) road that was a complete mess and half covered with desert sand. So we driving like 65 which was fast enough for the roads when this lunatic chick in a Chevy Cobalt passed us going 80mph +/-. That wasn't shocking but the fact that she was doing so on a blind corner (hello oncoming traffic) and in an area of road where the sand half covered the road was what was alarming.icon_eek.gif

Needless to say the Cobalt did spin out and spun out backwards up a sand burm and went FLYING, while it was in mid air it smacked a Joshua tree which spun the car a few times before it amazingly landed on all four tires. Oddly enough I got some of it on video...

So Anyways, turns out that the driver was this STUPID lady who I at first gave the benefit of the doubt that she was in shock but later on wanted to punch her in the head. She had with her in the car her 8 year old boy and an 11 year old daughter of someone else that she didn't really know. Neither kids were wearing seat belts either. First thing that comes out of this retards mouth was something like "Oh man this is a rental...good thing it's not my rental!" Her kid is sitting right next to her bleeding from his forehead and lip and the girl in the back is regaining consciousness after having been flung around the back seat like a rag-doll and bleeding from a few places. Anyways, I call 911 and send for help but we are in the middle of nowhere and figured we were gonna be there for at least an hour waiting for help. Two kids were good kids and I felt bad for them that this was the "responsible" adult in their charge. She did manage to vomit up some insightful knowledge to the kids when she told them "well I guess you'll be wearing seat belts from now on huh"! Brilliant. Here's a few pictures from what was left of the car. CIMG2317.jpgCIMG2321.jpgCIMG2320.jpgCIMG2319.jpg

Edited by Spoolin (see edit history)

Here's the Joshua Tree they hit...to give you an idea of how high that car was in the air and where they hit the tree, Dave had to pull that bumper out of the tree where it "V's". They basically hit where that branch on the right is broken in two. Lucky son's of bitches CIMG2318.jpg So anyways...after waiting for a half hour the kid was getting headaches and the girl was feeling sorta weak and wanted to sleep so we said screw it and I talked to the 911 dispatcher and told her we were taking them to the nearest first aid we could find because we weren't gonna wait too much longer. As we approached the state line we flag down an ambulance and hand over the three people to them and explain to them what happened. All and all I felt really bad for the two kids and really did want to smack that lady. She wasn't concerned one bit about her kids and all she kept thinking was how am I gonna get another car to get home and lucky for her she gets a few more days off school because of this accident.

So....anyways... GOT TO SEMA!! Place was insane!! First time there so I was more than a little stoked! Saw a lot of sweet rides and new products. Also met up with Tarrent (SAMOANBUILTGMC) from Wilwood, nice meeting you bro; Mark (2004Denali), and Brian (BlownChevy) who looked stunningly handsome all dressed up in his booth explaining to all his minions why Magnacharger's are the best! Brian was grumpier than usual when I first ran into him because he hadn't eaten anything that day yet. After he cooled down and had a few burgers he was back to being his usual pissy self. I snapped a few pictures of him in his digs but he was bitching about how people take pictures of him and alter them enough as it is and since I'm such a nice guy and I couldn't give him a hug I told him I'd delete the pictures from my camera. Sorry dewey! So here's a few pics from some trucks that stood out, there's one or two of cars but I took like 300 pictures so I'll primarily stick to the trucks. I thought that big rims were kinda fading out of style but apparently not, almost ever damn car had huge rims and some were a bit oversized... CIMG2337.jpg This truck... CIMG2339.jpg Had THIS INSIDE OF IT!! gr_hail.gificondrool.gificondrool.gif Procharged LS7!! CIMG2340.jpgSame thing with this truck... CIMG2396.jpg Had a nice 427 hiding inside! CIMG2395.jpg Here's a sweet RCSB NNBS Sierra! CIMG2348.jpg

I am thinking about trading my truck in for this at some point...it was GORGEOUS!! CIMG2404.jpg Saw this engine inside a 1970 Chevelle! CIMG2409.jpg Here's my brother Dave standing next to the Tundra Dually concept... gr_barf.gifCIMG2440.jpg This one however I liked...might of been the color, I'm not sure CIMG2444.jpgAnd by far my favorite Tundra of the whole show...by far, I really liked this one (can you tell?) CIMG2492.jpgCIMG2491.jpg Couple sweet NNBS's CIMG2411.jpg

Only Ford truck I would ever consider driving...color was intense! CIMG2452.jpg Ummmm.... CIMG2466.jpg OK now this is getting dumb... CIMG2469.jpgSaw this benz that was reportedly worth 1 million dollars...Whatever CIMG2393.jpg I think I'm gonna buy one when they come out! CIMG2398.jpgCIMG2400.jpg My brother Dave and Mark standing over a LSX tall deck... CIMG2401.jpg First paint job to ever turn me on...

CIMG2471.jpg

Also ran into a guy that built a Insane Hummer with 18,000watts of subs alone!

First up was Dave, I filmed what the truck sounded like and looked like from the outside, look at the body panels flex with each kick of the bass!!

Finally got the courage to go in myself, there is no way the bass is gonna come through in my video camera but look at the side mirror and the paper's flying around on the dash. That was from the Air getting sucked in and out of the Bass "ports" Apparently the day before a guy had a shirt slung over his shoulder and the subs sucked the shirt off his shoulder and into the "ports" words can't describe what this felt like...and yeah I got watery eyes afterwards! gr_jest.gif

And here's a first for me, a twin PROCHARGED Mustang. Not sure how this works out better than other FI systems because I figure you'd have to fight twice the resistance that S/C usually produce. Definitely different.

CIMG2506.jpg

I have a lot more but Photobucket has gone down for the night, will update more later.

are you guys already back? why the hell did you only go for one day? you missed so much shit. i went last year. stayed for all 4 days and went from 8-5 everyday and BARELY saw everything. im pissed i couldnt go this year. hopefully ill go again next year. nice pics julien, cant wait to see more