We're now taking orders for the new AFR heads!

tbyrne

205cc-LS1Mongoose.gif

For the ultimate street LS1/LS6 aluminum cylinder head AFR’s all new 205cc emission legal head are your only choice. Specifically designed for 1995 to present Gen-3 Chevy Corvettes, Camaros, and trucks. AFR’s LS1 head offers unmatched flow performance (300 CFM at .600lift) and features 2.020 intake and 1.600 exhaust valves with AFR’s iron ductile interlocking valve seats. With only 205cc port volume (same as stock LS1 head) this is an incredibly 70 CFM increase over stock casting creating unbelievable port velocity and performance. The 205cc is ideal for normally aspirated 346C.I. to 396C.I. It is available with 66cc and 76cc combustion chambers. An affordable “as cast” version is also available. AFR’s LS1 is a direct bolt on, no special parts required. Structural features like Air Flow Research’s trademark 3/4” thick head deck, a must for blown and nitrous applications, reinforced rocker stud bosses, and thick wall runners provide unparalleled durability. An exclusive new modern combustion chamber design with double quench pad area helps the LS1 generate huge low and mid lift airflow numbers. If you need a snake charmer for that pesky neighborhood “Cobra Mustang” look no further.

We're now taking orders for the new AFR LS1 heads. Their Mongoose Street heads will start shipping in a few weeks while the Mongoose Strip heads will be available in the spring. Details for each version can be found on our website. Prices range from about $1560. to $2430. and there is no core required.

Tom

There are a few different versions of the 76cc heads. Pricing for those range from $1975. for bare, unported with no parts to $2450. for a set that is fully ported and assembled.

We don't carry the TEA so I don't have any info to compare. AFRs are supposed to be THE head to go with this. Most of the Mustang guys swear by them.

Tom

I have used the AFR's in the past on the 5.0 Mustang.....They are hands down the best head available. You have to remember that most of the heads on the market are OEM heads that have been re-worked. The AFR's are an all new casting, with more material where is it needed most! AFR did their home work on this one!

• 3 weeks later...
What do the AFR heads lower the CR to? I have a 3.33 pulley on my Vortech right now, could I put a 2.9 pulley on there with the AFR heads without putting to much strain on the engine?

Heads do not really alter the CR, unless you are changing the size of the combustion chamber.

What do the AFR heads lower the CR to?  I have a 3.33 pulley on my Vortech right now, could I put a 2.9 pulley on there with the AFR heads without putting to much strain on the engine?

Heads do not really alter the CR, unless you are changing the size of the combustion chamber.

How about the AFR with 76cc cumbustion chamber?

Tom,

Any word on the availability of these heads? I know you are taking orders but I have heard they aren't actually producing them yet. I am leaning towards getting the 225cc Mongoose Strip ones with the 76cc combustion chamber. I have heard these won't be available until March or April. Any timeframe you could give me would be great.

Eric

Stock CR is 10:1. Stock combustion chamber size is 71cc. Enlarging the combustion chamber to 77cc would lower CR about .5-.6. The more you go, and I think 77cc is as much as you can enlarge the combustion chamber to, the more you would lower the CR.

Some of the 205cc heads should start shipping over the next few weeks and the 225s should follow in March/April. We're lining up orders to get them out as soon as AFR gets them out of production.

Tom

Archived