So I Started Goin To Uti

ss04Flores

Its so bad a$! thats all i have to say bout that school..The first week of class we took a v6 vortec block (wish it was a v8) and put it back together..Anyone else attending it?Heres the website if u wanna check it out.Please bealove when i say major mods coming soon :jester:

UTI

Edited by ss04flores (see edit history)

congrats, but i heard it was like 25k now, i graduated is april 2002 well worth the 14k at the time. i just regret being so young (17 at start) and not taking it seriously enough.......which one/location are you going to?

im attending The one in Houston.....What job offers have yall gotten?

i was inrolled in the VW program but decided to take an offer from CROWN LIFT TRUCKS in ontario calif. been there for 5 and a half years now

many of my co-workers went to benz, jaguar,vw,and ford fact at first but got tired of the politics and BS at the dealers

we hired this kid like two or three years ago that graduated from uti, when he was first hired he wasn't thinking "outside the box". meaning he overthought things because of the books and instructors. school gives you the knowlage but you have to make it practicle. start easy end hard not the otherway around. he has adapted and become a hard worker and a tech that i can trust giving more technical jobs to. im not sure what the graduation "gift" is now but i think he said he got like 1000 dollar snap-on credit, which won't get you very far.

they tried recruiting me out of high school, but it was just something i didnt really want to do.

one of my friends graduated top of his class a couple years ago. he said it was all great except when you get to electrical. he said all the shit with circuits and fuses was just absolutely horrible. everything else he loved though

they tried recruiting me out of high school, but it was just something i didnt really want to do.

one of my friends graduated top of his class a couple years ago. he said it was all great except when you get to electrical. he said all the shit with circuits and fuses was just absolutely horrible. everything else he loved though

1000$ snap on credit at 50% off... good enough for a start.. some people just cant comprehend electrical systems, those were the classes that i learned the most

even at 50% off a 7 piece 3/8" to 3/4" long flank drive combo set will cost you around 300 bones. im a snap-on guy but i have fallen in love with the mac 3/8 drive air ratchet.

i love electrical...the dude that got me in the door said "if you know your electrical, you can go anywhere"

a/c and electrical are my fav jobs

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

wody...you work at a "big truck" dealer? im a service writer at a Inernational dealer and i see what the techs make.....some of the electrical guys here make good bank....but some guys that work here....well they need to stick to services.....

wody...you work at a "big truck" dealer? im a service writer at a Inernational dealer and i see what the techs make.....some of the electrical guys here make good bank....but some guys that work here....well they need to stick to services.....

i do yes. i am actually thinking about putting in an app at an international dealership in oxnard california so i can get back home. with all the multiplexing in internationals, its no wonder electical guys do well. do you guys require CDL's?

i do yes. i am actually thinking about putting in an app at an international dealership in oxnard california so i can get back home. with all the multiplexing in internationals, its no wonder electical guys do well. do you guys require CDL's?

no we do not....it does help having a CDL though.....for test driving etc. but no it is not required......what is your labor rate over there? ours went from 79/hr to 84/hr just the other day.....which means im gunna get bitched out even more now...haha