True Duals?

bigblue

Hello everyone. I own a exaust shop in Oneonta, Alabama. I have put several exhaust systems on these trucks. The best sounding one you can get is to just cut the factory muffler off the SS Silverado and put in 2 2chamber flowmasters in the place of the stock. I can do that for around $200. The factory pipe is plenty big enough, but if ya wanna replace the converters? Let me know if anyone replaces the converters to see if you can get more power out of that. I have not got to do that yet.

As a muffler shop owner, installer, you should know that replacing the cats on ANY vehicle with less than 5 years or 50,000 miles on it is prohibited by law. If it does become clogged or damaged requiring replacement, only a factory type original may be used. To get caught doing so is up to 5 years in jail, and a 250,000.00 fine per vehicle.

But, we all know that everyone is changing them out for the higher flowing models available today. They just aren't getting caught. At least the shops are trying to use converters nowadays! I'm breathing a little easier already! The air just doesn't smell as good with the unleaded fumes these days.... man, I miss Ethyl! I have to settle for VP116 racing gas to get my buzz now!

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/factshts/catcvrts.pdf

This is the EPA regulation regarding cats :flag:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have free flow cats. but i do have it listed with gm dealership that the driver side cat was bad. i had an exhaust shop install them. i also had true duals at one time. i made good times with it. but i have chosen to go back to a single inlet dual outlet muffler to get my low end back. i also got a great sound with the set up i have now. good luck on whatever you decide to do. :D

Archived