True Duals?

bigblue

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These SS trucks come with factory duals. It is a dual set of pipes that single into a single pipe. Zippy? COME ON DUDE.

If you guys are going to call each other names - do it with a PM. As entertaining as it is, we don't need it here.

duals are seperate pipes off the manifolds, seperate converters, and seperate mufflers. two converters are not duals. if you have one muffler for two pipes, how do you think that's duals?

Sorry about that, BenKey, but I find it very hard to keep my thoughts to myself concerning belittling, illiterate, simple- minded know it all rednecks. I love a good redneck, don't get me wrong, but that guy asked for it. I'll watch it in the future. Please accept my apologizes.

These SS trucks come with factory duals. It is a dual set of pipes that single into a single pipe. Zippy? COME ON DUDE.

If you guys are going to call each other names - do it with a PM. As entertaining as it is, we don't need it here.

Hey Adam,

This exhaust set up is technically called a dual-cat single system. One muffler, and one tailpipe is a single exhaust. Go back to school, dude. :crazy:

rico750skl I put on the split rear system but they also have swept side dual sport and extremdual Ireal like the look of mine and the sound is awsome I think it is much better the nthe flowmaster sound and I am a big flowmaster fan I have flowmaster on my chevelle. I recomend everyone check into gibson

The dual in/dual out muffler on my truck was a fake. Only one exit is funtional going into the Y. It's actually a dual in/single out and the other side back feeds into a false chamber in the muffler, possibly for sound deadening. I thought the SSS had the same muffler?

The dual in/dual out muffler on my truck was a fake. Only one exit is funtional going into the Y. It's actually a dual in/single out and the other side back feeds into a false chamber in the muffler, possibly for sound deadening. I thought the SSS had the same muffler?

Yep, same muffler.

The dummy pipe leading to the dead end chamber is there to reduce resonance. Engineers called it acoustic tuning, or sound wave cancelling. Flowmaster does the same thing, only with less backpressure. Bose speaker company also use the technology. FYI

Archived