Ordered a Radix

CraigBa

The basic super chips tune is ok. Several people have gained a lot from a custom tune. There are several routes to go there. Get LS1Edit or get a local LS1 guru to do it for you.

You WILL have fun!! ;)

CD

Be careful. If you order the Radix without the programming, you'll loose the Magna warranty according to TByrne. (save $200 now, but may cost you more later)

Any supercharged SS's out there have pictures of their boost gauge installs?

(not a pod install)

I also just ordered the Radix, and the Autometer Lunar looks cool if mounted directly next to the cirgarette lighter gap. White faced gauges, with an even integration into the existing color scheme is what I'm looking for.

Autometer Phantoms also look good. suggestions?

To each his own, but the only bad thing about putting anywhere other than the A pillar or somewhere very close to the dash gauges is you have to take your eyes off the road to see them. Not that big of a deal if you're going slow, but you more than likely will not see any boost if going slower. So the only time you'll be looking at them is going fast or quickly getting up there. Not a time to be taking your eyes off what you're doing.

Something to think about. They'll still look cool anywhere else.

Be careful. If you order the Radix without the programming, you'll loose the Magna warranty according to TByrne. (save $200 now, but may cost you more later)

Any supercharged SS's out there have pictures of their boost gauge installs?

(not a pod install)

I also just ordered the Radix, and the Autometer Lunar looks cool if mounted directly next to the cirgarette lighter gap. White faced gauges, with an even integration into the existing color scheme is what I'm looking for.

Autometer Phantoms also look good. suggestions?

The Autometer Phantoms and Dakota Digitals both look good. The Dakota Digitals are good quality and a bit pricey whereas the Autometer Phantoms are so-so quality and cheap.

I'm with you Ben. I thought the space below the lighter was a great place for gauges, but when you sit in the drivers seat it's very hard to look down and back up a few times and stay in control... or out of control for that matter.... :cool:

Olaf

Can a radix be ordered from GM and installed by GM to save my factory warranty?

Does GM have a supercharger than can be installed on the SS?

I don't know these things and was just curious.

Yes GM has a vortech supercharger and it will save your factory warranty (from what I understand) adams2003 has one if you send him a pm I sure he would help you.

Archived