This Is Truly A Find...

usabodyguard

obviously he hasn't thought that one through cause no matter how much oxygen you can get from left over vapours you will never get enough. it is a chemical reaction that is happening in the cylinders which is why it happens in the first place. thinking about all this has re-kindel my idea on a turbo system. maybe i can pitch it to you guys and see what you think.

turbo1.jpg

it is based on the bernulli theory that in a small area a mass of air travels faster than that same mass in a larger area. so if the air traveling in the smaller tube is moving quickly would the proposed fan force the air in the larger area to move quicker creating a vaccuum and therefore moving the fan quicker forcing more air into the intake manifold? please let me hear your thoughts. if it stupid then so be it. sorry if i jacked your thread dave.i hope you don't kick my ass :D. TIA.

Edited by Mung Man (see edit history)

:lol: His third question is just a stupid has the whole post

First off, Jay, stay out of this.

Ok. I didn't want to mention it but I was thinking about turbo charging my Vette. I got to thinking about it and how in efficient even turbos are (compressor efficiencies of about 80% at best).

Since a turbo's function is to pressurize incoming air and force it into the upper motor, and turbos are driven by high pressure exhaust gas created from the combustion process, couldn't I just bypass the turbo altogether and route my headers back into the throttle bodies?

Since I have CFI, I could balance the DEI (direct exhaust injection as I just coined it) by feeding one header into each throttle body. Yes, the charge air wouldn’t be that cold, but it would be under a hell of a lot more pressure.

I attached a quick sketch below:

dei.jpg

There are still a few things I need to work out:

1) How do I get the CFI aircleaner to fit in a way that hides this plumbing?

2) Does anyone make a V-band clamp that will bolt an exhaust header to a CFI throttle body?

3) What pinion angle should I use in my rear-end? I’m sure there will be a noticeable difference in torque output.

What do you guys think?

Edited by SSleepingbeauty (see edit history)

That was good. Whats the deal with a 15.2 1/4 vette?

it looks like a mid 80's vette. they only had 200 somethin horsepower. i guess thats why he wants to install the DEI kit. Do they make a kit for the SSS? Man I bet they would be fast! :crackup:

Edited by thomp62301 (see edit history)