Krambo

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice runs . but im coing for you soon.

:jester:

i also have the 1.5x 60 ft goal . but hooking up is going to be fun. im thinking of doing something with the front end so it doesent transfer the wieght so much because usually its the front that spins.

Congrats, at the point you're at ever little thing has such a big effect. I see an 11.7 being doable for you. How is Eddie's truck running?

No kidding. Earlier in the week I was doing some "time trials" on the local interstate (0-100) and had zero issues,...get to the track and have a good amount of KR. Weather was similar however I put 5 gallons of the 93 with 10% ethanol. I may do a post on HPT forums and ask if anyone else has seen issues with using these blended fuels.

Eddie and I actually lined up on my second run. His time is posted above. Lets just say his truck has alot more potential :driving: He is seeing alot of KR throughout his run and his narrowbands are not really where they should be. He is deffinately making power though!

nice runs . but im coing for you soon.

:jester:

i also have the 1.5x 60 ft goal . but hooking up is going to be fun. im thinking of doing something with the front end so it doesent transfer the wieght so much because usually its the front that spins.

Ha! You will have no issues running faster than an 11.85 :jester: Yea, more than improving the full 1/4 mile, I really want a 1.5xx sixty. You and I think alike! I did nothing to my suspension this time and it shows. The truck used to squat down and take off. Now it rears back and to the passenger side causing the front to lift and spin. (if there is video, it should be disturbing :noway: ) I have some flat stock and some grade 8 bolts that I used in the past to clamp down the rear springs. This did help but now I am really considering Cal-tracs along with something to compress and prevent the front from lifting. Tie rod sleeves and other beefy items may be needed if I hook as well. Another thing is that the 28" tires are too short IMO and are hurting my MPH in the top end. I am thinking of going to a wide 30" tire for more "footprint" and more gear for the top end. I took my truck to the track with my heavy "show wheels' on and cut a 1.68! I don't know, I actually have plans for a new set-up but would really like to see what a 75-100 shot would do :thumbs: (pull a little advance of course). Wonder if the LQ9 would hold together for one run :eek: ...let alone the 65E :lol:

kevin please call me asap on my cell phone i need to know what the scan results were.

e.mack 570-690-4004

You got it boss! I will try you to-night. I tried to forward the scan via e-mail but it got kicked back to me. I'll try it again. This should be some good info for your tuner. BTW, I will take those injectors off your hands,...cold six pack work? :angel:

If I recall Vince was considering taking his Caltrac's off, I'd send him a pm.

Yea, I need to do some research. Parish didn't like them either if I recall. I see you around SyTy.net :thumbs: from time to time,...most on there love them however they have a shorter wheelbase. There are a couple of local Ty's that run them along with front shocks that are set-up for little rebound and alot of compression. Kind of like the Koni 90/10's however reversed (10/90). They are running 10's and turning very low 1.6's. I think with just suspension mods, there is a tenth or two left.

I am not too sure if I even want to get that serious with an all out drag truck,...I prefer to keep it comfortable on the street. I think this is pretty much the limit unless I do some funky stuff. We'll see. I for sure need to do some safety things (loops ect.) first before planting all the power through the stock U-joints / shaft and rear. :uhoh:

Kevin i forgot to tell you, my last pass at the track this year right was a 12.53 @ 112. Track was wet so i spun like mad but atleast i know i have the mph to get my 11 second run in the spring. i used some of those "tips" you gave me, they seemed to have helped.