New Best, But More Left...

Krambo

Well we had a good time at Island dragway. The weather was good however the track was absolutely crap. In 6 hours, I was only able to get in two runs due to the huge turnout, technical issues and what seemed like someone oiling the track every 20 minutes. :mad: Anyway I believe the Hi temp for the day was like low 50's and plenty of sun with minimal wind.

Since last time in my tune - I removed 100% TM, shortened my 1-2 shift to 5950.

Physical changes to the truck since last time - No bed cover (left the 2 x-2000 hinges on though), I am now using 4 28" M&H drag radials from the 29.1" dunlop mud and snow tires. I still have the truck set-up for dragging so I can take it to the truck stop and get weighed. I still will be in the 5400# range with me in it.

1st run:

60'.......... 1.612

330......... 4.792

1/8.......... 7.521

1/8 MPH... 89.59

1/4...........11.877

1/4 MPH....112.84

I did not heat up the D/R's and spun of the line a bit. If I heated the tires, I feel I could have got my goal of a 1.5xx 60 ft time. :banghead: I didn't look at my log while I was hanging out with the group and actually set-up my lap top for logging in E. Mack's truck. That was my mistake,...not looking at my logs prior to my next run (more on that later).

So after like 5 blown motors and track clean-up I got to go again. I didn't heat-up the tires again and slipped off the line again.

2nd run:

60'.......... 1.613

330......... 4.776

1/8.......... 7.498

1/8 MPH... 89.67

1/4...........11.859

1/4 MPH....112.67

The truck was running very strong on this run however I deffinately felt less pull over say 5400rpms on both runs. I finally looked over my one log last night and sure enough, I had 3* peak KR at every rpm over 5K. This pulled my advance and gave me less power. Some may say no however, I firmly believe that this is a result of getting a 10% ethanol blend gas earlier in the week at "Shitgo" (Citgo). It is getting harder and harder for me to find straight 100% 93 octane around here without it being oxygenated, have conditioners or have a 10% ethanol blend. Not that it is bad or anything, just I have been working my tune to the limit and the slightest change causes power loss unless I mess with the fueling and advance.

Anyway, I stated last year that I felt my truck had an 11.75 in her and I still stand by that. I left the drag radials on and if I can find an open track and get to it, I will post the 11.75 AND the 1.5xx 60ft time.

Timeslip scans:

Island11-11-07.jpg

And there just might be a video of one of these runs. Ken was a videographer on Sunday and I didn't even realize it! Had fun guys and I can't wait for the next one.

BTW, Eddie, you and I have some things to talk about. I went over your logs last night :uhoh:

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic