Engine Is Stalling Out On Me

IronmanKen

Well yesturday i was working on my truck and left the key on b/c i had the trans. in neutral. So sumwhere over 6 hrs period, that i had the key on and the battery just died on me. So i charged the battery and started up the truck and now the truck idle is very low at 500 rpm and if i put the truck in drive and stop at a stop light it wants to stall out and its idling at like 350-400 rpm WTF. And one time it did stall out on me

Please can sumone help me out, IDK if its just a battery or from having the truck battery go dead, maybe the truck like lost part of memory and IDK im stumped

it prolly just has to "relearn" itself. Not too uncommon with newer vehicles if the battery dies. Happens at work sometimes, just keep it running by playing with the gas and driving it, it should eventually work itself out.

Well yesturday i was working on my truck and left the key on b/c i had the trans. in neutral. So sumwhere over 6 hrs period, that i had the key on and the battery just died on me. So i charged the battery and started up the truck and now the truck idle is very low at 500 rpm and if i put the truck in drive and stop at a stop light it wants to stall out and its idling at like 350-400 rpm WTF. And one time it did stall out on me

Please can sumone help me out, IDK if its just a battery or from having the truck battery go dead, maybe the truck like lost part of memory and IDK im stumped

I had the same problem, tried new battery, new alternator, tension pulleys, and still does it sometimes. Next thing I am trying is the map sensor I have hear dthat can cause tis problem. Will let you know if it halps later today.

MAP sensor and MAF will cause it too...

But in IronmanKen's case, I do believe it's just a relearn thing....It's a GM thing....and it's very slow to learn...I've had to loan up my battery to get a generator started, it took a couple hundred miles, or a weeks worth of commute to and from work, before it finally got right....Alot of stop and goes will speed up the process