She Is Running Strong!

Krambo

Well, I had a last minute itch to get to the track for the last time this year and I am glad I went. I made a last minute post to see if anyone was interested in going to Atco Raceway in NJ (2+ hour drive for me) and it actually turned out to be a good gathering!

Link to the Atco Meet ---> Atco Raceway Meet

Well the conditions were just right although the track was SLICK. I really think it was due to the waiting in the staging lanes,...most shut off their vehicle and the exhaust cooled down. When they got to go down the race track they were spraying condensation all over the place. They were constantly telling everyone to not to use ice to cool the motors as they were having a water problem / dew on the track. We got to see numerous wrecks, one beinng a 10 second LS1 Camaro who kissed the wall at the top end after losing traction. :noway:

Anyway, I lined up and launched hard. I spun out of the hole and even picked up some spin at the 1-2 shift. The truck pulled VERY hard,...felt stronger than ever before. Here is the result:

60'..........1.642

1/8..........7.428

1/8 MPH...91.11

1/4..........11.726

1/4 MPH...114.62

Very happy with the times however dare I say its got an 11.6 in it... This was my worst 60ft time with the DR's to date (spinning off the line). I only did one run and that run was as soon as I got there. During the evening the temperature dropped 14* from when we started at 44-45*. If I got a chance to run in those very cold temps, I think it would have pushed the truck a tenth quicker. :drool: Oh well,...next year!

Scan of slip:

Atco1172.jpg

The only thing that bothered me was the punk that I raced. It was some kind of import, not sure but maybe an Eclipse or a Talon looking type, all I know is that it was white. He did an annoying rev limiter burn-out while I was staging. I pre-staged and then right into staged (didn't do the racers etiquette of letting him pre-stage before I fully staged :sigh: ). I pretty much embarrassed him from the get-go through the traps at the end (almost 4 seconds if you count RT :thumbs: ). Well I guess he had a problem with that. As I am on the brakes well after the top end traps, I hear the annoying bumble bee muffler go flying by me at like 7,000RPMs! :eek::lol: yup, I got a ricer flyby AT THE TRACK! It was amusing to say the least watching him get on the brakes HARD in order to make the turn :lol: I didn't know we were racing the 1/2 mile...must have missed the memo...

Yup yup... Sure was a good run, Kevin got a good 30' or so with the back end kicked sideways, absolutely bookin'!!!! I bet you easily could have pulled an 11.6 if you ran again, provided that your tires were nice and hot...

Early next summer, bro... Next meet at Lebanon so I can watch you break 11.5!!!