She Is Running Strong!

Krambo

Kevin, you make me sick......

:withstupid: I'm pretty sure I have a bigger cam,and more mods and all I can muster up in the 1/8th was a 7.79 :confused:

:cheers: Congrats Kevin...its good to show all the guys who said the Radix is "limited"....11.7 to me is not...especially at 5000+ lbs :chevy:

thats great kevin! i can't wait to see that thing run in person.

a friend of mine was there also there in a red C5 vette. running somewere around a 11.15 quarter mile. you may have seen it or at least heard it cause it's loud as hell.

I think I saw it come to think of it. The car that really impressed me was a red porsche running low 11's at (get this) 140MPH

Yup yup... Sure was a good run, Kevin got a good 30' or so with the back end kicked sideways, absolutely bookin'!!!! I bet you easily could have pulled an 11.6 if you ran again, provided that your tires were nice and hot...

Early next summer, bro... Next meet at Lebanon so I can watch you break 11.5!!!

Glad someone saw that. I really didn't expect to slide that bad with the sticky tires. My logs and 60ft time show it. The announcer said something as well (had the radio on when running listening to his comments). I guess I was the odd ball racer there with 4 numbers while everyone else had 3. I heard him say something about the import I raced needed two motors to catch the pick up.

:cheers: that was a great looking run also .......... I just seen tail lights going down the track .......... Way to go Kiven :cheers:

We gotta do videos next time. No, we HAVE to post the Island Dragway vids!!! I always have a good time at the track with all of ya! :cheers:

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

kevin what wheel /tire setup did you use? any new suspension stuff?

The 28" M&H Drag radials with the 99 silverado wheels. Again, they are too short IMO. I wish I had some 29" DRs. Ran a heavy 24psi in the rears (cold) and 28 in the fronts. Nothing new to the suspension, was going to try strapping down the front but got too lazy. No burn out,...they just prove to make my starting IAT's higher (and throught the runs) and besides, getting a slow controlled burn out in an AWD G-80 rear'd truck isn't going to happen too easily. She opens right up and only heats one side. The last AWD burn out I did succeeded in only snapping my tensioner. I dry hopped it to knock off the gravel (surprised I didn't pop the tensioner there) and turned the wheel lock to lock on my approach to the pre-stage.

If I didn't spin oout of the hole, I would have had a faster ET however a slower MPH. But I hate hearing If this and if that, the number is the number. I know where I can improve.

This is what I look like in drag set-up:

img_0059.jpg

img_0813.jpg

Did anyone ever tell u, that you are the wind beneath my wings??????

:uhoh:

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)