Need A Book!

riddle

Hey, I am trying to find a good book on computerized engine tunning. :confused: If any one can recommend a book they use/read to help them understand tunning a little better that would be great. :)

I have HPTuners and Zippy has done some tunning for me, but I just want to get a better understanding of whats going on.

Thank's Danny

:withstupid: I was going to say something similar, get on the EFILive forum and read all the stickies and start browsing old posts. BE VERY CAREFUL reading tuning talk on other forums including LS!Tech because a lot of "internet tuners" are misguided, but the threads on the EFILive forum are moderated really well.

Mr. P.

The author of this book posts on HP Tuners board. I want a copy of it. Engine Management

i've been reading this over the past few weeks.. seems to be very informative for the tuning enthusiast and newbies alike.

it's taught me quite a bit on the essentials of tuning and getting started. very good read if you're looking at purchasing tuning software in the future, as i am.

i've been reading this over the past few weeks.. seems to be very informative for the tuning enthusiast and newbies alike.

it's taught me quite a bit on the essentials of tuning and getting started. very good read if you're looking at purchasing tuning software in the future, as i am.

That's why I'm buying a copy. I know how to tune one old school style carb, mainly Holleys, so I know the fundamentals of engine functions. Propper jetting, power enrichment, and idle quality for peak performance, and drivability. I just want to learn the new school ways. I'll probably do the EFI 101 class one day.

Thank's For all the input guys!

I bought Engine Management by Greg Banish per your reccomendations, and I also purchased an EFI book from SA Designs. We will see how it goes. I'm excited! :D

Also Have been picking up good info off of HPTuners, efe live, ls1 tech forums.

Maybe We will update this thread as a few of us finish these book's, with a reveiw of sorts? :dunno:

~Thank's Danny

• 5 weeks later...

I have been reading this book. I am about halfway through it, but I've "skimmed" over the whole thing. It is a good book, but it only talks about the general theories behind tuning. It is good to make you understand what is going on between the engine and PCM and what all the sensors do. It also helps you learn all the "jargon" associated with tuning. It talks about what the ideal FA mixture is for different situations (including supercharged) as well.

It does not give specific tuning advice for GM trucks. There is a chapter set aside for GM tuning however, but again it is just general stuff.

I would still recommend it. I have found it educational.

One more thing that makes this book better than the others out there is ... it is current. The others are three or more years old. Alot changes in that much time.

Mike

Edited by Vortec MAX (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

I Read ENGINE MANAGEMENT.

The book gave insight on what tuners do.

Was educational, I would recomend it. ( Can Learn how what role all the sensors play and what values they read,etc..)

But..... Was not a how to on tunning. :nono: The book does not go into how and what values to change in your program.

.Still looking for a How To Book. :wtf:

~Danny