Ss Member Mother Is In The Hospital

RockHead

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want to repeat the obvious however, I feel I need to add to this thread. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. While a hip replacement has become a common surgery, it is a major one with a host of recovery issues. My father has had it done twice,...destroyed his hip / femur in a racing accident in the late 60's.

Thanks for the well wishes guys, you all prove what true friends(and fellow enthusiasts) really mean. :thumbs::cheers:

She is going to be in the hospital for the next few days, they found 2 blood clots in her left leg. The cause was a blunder on the doctors part, he only prescribed 1mg of Cumadin(blood thinners) when he should have precscribed 3mg. :mad: Not to mention our health insurance literally sucks (OXFORD) and they don't want to pay for the home care she needs, including the blood tests that could have prevented this. :mad: This is one big set back in her long recovery from the surgery............and the worst part is that she is very depressed now. :nonod:

Thank you all again, I will keep you updated on her condition. :happysad:

Dan :chevy:

Thanks again for the well wishes guys, knowing that you guys(and gals) have my back as well as my family's means the world to me. I am fortunate to have so many great friends from this forum. :thumbs::cheers:

Update - The clots are almost gone, she is in better spirits, and should be coming home tomorrow. :happysad: