Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic

silverado05ss

So what do you guys do with your used oil?? are you really putting it in your truck and driving it to a drop off site...Thats all that keeps me from doing my own is i cant imagine how hard i'd cry if i spilled used motor oil in my truck...or even in the bed...What kinda containers do yall use and are they re-useable??

So what do you guys do with your used oil?? are you really putting it in your truck and driving it to a drop off site...Thats all that keeps me from doing my own is i cant imagine how hard i'd cry if i spilled used motor oil in my truck...or even in the bed...What kinda containers do yall use and are they re-useable??

Technically speaking the law here states that anyone who sells motor oil is supposed to take back used oil for recycling FOC. I just bring it back to the auto parts store, they take used oil no questions asked. I have a 12 quart drain pan that also acts as a storage container, I empty it after every other oil change. I have an old 1 gallon Mobil 1 jug that I use for my used lawn mower oil. If you are worried about oil spilling in the bed of the truck, just put the container in a cardboard box or a plastic bag. :chevy:

I use this one, it's reusable. Works good. It has a relief in the top to set the old filter to let it drain. Once all done I just wiipe down the pan and put it in the BED of the SS and take it to a oil collection place.

• 1 month later...
I am starting mine changeover right now.

Going with the M1-206 and 6 qrts of the gold cap Mobil 1. 10-30

I was wondering if any flushing is recommended before the switch. Anyone know?

No flushing needed, just drain your crankcase, replace the filter, and refill with Mobil 1. :chevy: