Loose Center Caps

I've noitced durring the last month that a couple of my center caps appear to be loose. They don't fall off, they just rotate a little, and make the wheel look stupid when it's not parked, if I forget to realign it.

Is there a cheap way to fix it, or should I just go ahead and order some new ones? Noticed another one has bubbles around the bowtie, and appears to peeling off or something.

I've noitced durring the last month that a couple of my center caps appear to be loose. They don't fall off, they just rotate a little, and make the wheel look stupid when it's not parked, if I forget to realign it.

Is there a cheap way to fix it, or should I just go ahead and order some new ones? Noticed another one has bubbles around the bowtie, and appears to peeling off or something.

i had the same with mine. took it to the dealer and they replaced all 4 under warranty. you can try to push the holding tabs out a little, but there hard to move and might break. maybe some duct tape in the tabs just enough to keep them from moving.. :dunno:

good luck

:seeya:

I have a set of the painted 20" SS wheels that I bought from Hank42 for the winter. I installed them the other night and noticed that I can rotate the cap slightly in the rim. I assume this is normal. My chrome rims don't have this issue. I wouldnt worry about it unless they pop out. :chevy:

• 3 weeks later...

hmm mind did the same thing till i realized they had a tab that you align and they dont spin anymore.... it was to cold for me at the time to look it was -20 and i just threw them on then one day about 10 degrees i figured id figure it out, fixed the problem never rotated again

Mine did the same thing, If you look on the back of the cap, their is a picture of a valve stem in grave in it, I aligned it with the valve stem and don't seem to have a prolbem any more

See, it is the little things like this that make this forum so great. I have "fixed" my wandering center caps once a month for the last three years and have never noticed the valve stem index on the center cap.

:cheers: