Powdercoating Frame Whatcha Think

Quik

to coat or not to coat  

43 members have voted

1. 1. powdercoating frame

• powdercoat
    • dont powdercoat

The frame on my Chevelle was sand blasted and powder coated. I love it. While it is awesome, are you guys sure you want to go thru with it? It entails removing every last nut and bolt from the frame..... You can POR15 the frame AS IS. Rust and all... and it will turn out nice. I also POR15ed my first chevelle's frame and it was nice as well.

The frame on my Chevelle was sand blasted and powder coated. I love it. While it is awesome, are you guys sure you want to go thru with it? It entails removing every last nut and bolt from the frame..... You can POR15 the frame AS IS. Rust and all... and it will turn out nice. I also POR15ed my first chevelle's frame and it was nice as well.

not many bolts left for mine and i want somethign that will resist majority of everything. along with looking great

Fair enough. You will love it. I have a bit of advice however. Look at some work they have done. I had my frame done at one place, and my a arms done at another.... Point being that the frame is good and thick. The a arms were not, and I had to have them redone. So make sure they throw on an ample amount and not JUST ENOUGH to cover.

Fair enough. You will love it. I have a bit of advice however. Look at some work they have done. I had my frame done at one place, and my a arms done at another.... Point being that the frame is good and thick. The a arms were not, and I had to have them redone. So make sure they throw on an ample amount and not JUST ENOUGH to cover.

ive had quite a few things done by this place. but yes will make sure they put enough on frame

• 9 months later...

I powdercoated the frame aswell as all the suspension on my 86 c10 project truck. I say go for it. The prices are very reasonable and I am extremely happy with the out come. Here are a few examples of the prices that I paid:

frame $375

rear end $125

upper control arms $25 each

lower control arms $35 each

rotors $35 each

drums $35 each

spindles $35 each

Let me know if you'd like some pictures and good luck with your project. :cheers:

• 5 weeks later...