feeling powerless

bling cowling

I'm mildly depressed at the fact that none of my local dealers are willing to work with me if I do upgrades. It really sucks when I read about everyone getting warranty work done on upgraded vehicles. My dealerships are giving me the cold sholder about everything. On top of that I got in a big dispute when I bought my truck because of the price being much higher than people were generaly paying and now they won't warranty my truck if I make upgrades !!!! I bought the dang extendo war. and everything. bunch of crap. I'm not at all impressed in this whole deal. SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT SRT-10 !!!!!

I pretty much don't tell the shops that (may) work on my truck about anything, unless they ask. Some shops can be pretty clueless about stuff, so what they don't know, usually won't hurt them. It's when you bring up the fact that you are running non-stock programming that they get all freaked out and don't want to touch things. (as an example)

Granted, I'm not saying run a 250 shot of NOS and complain when you hole a piston, but I fully expect waranty work on my chassis or interior if I install a cam and cat-back... Well, I'd even expect support if my MAF or something like that fails. NOT if I drop a valve or my cat-back interferes with my axle and I crimp a brake-line.

Are they denying you ANY coverage if you touch the truck at all? :fume:

that's bullshit.

just keep your stock parts and put the obvious ones back on if you want warranty work.

I don't see how they could say jack if you had programming, cut out, catback, pulleys, air intake and fans. they wouldn't know the difference at all, especially if you put the stock intake back on and took the fans out.

hell, even if you put a mild cam in I seriously doubt they would know any difference at all.

Get your money back for the extended warranty,keep the parts you replace, and if you have to have warranty work done, talk to your selling dealer and if they will not work with you, let them know that you and everyone you talk to will never buy off them and find a dealer that will honer your warranty-they have to by law as long as they cannot prove that something you installed caused the problem.

Hope you do not have to deal with this.

Enjoy your truck,

Randy

I changed the throttle body, added headers, complete exhaust, FIPK, dropped suspension, shift kit and reprogamming was even done by dealer for me that was on my 2000 Dakota Quad Cab, at my old Chrysler dealer and no problem with warranty issues with Daimler Chrysler HQ.

For simple exhaust and air intake mod I asked my GM dealer and even e-mailed GM Canada, their response was that some alterations can void my warranty if defect is caused by aftermarket parts.

In plain english, your truck will sit in the back of the dealers lot until GM has tests done or figures out a way to deny your claim.

I want to drop ride height, but groaning while turning is still there and if I can kiss warranty fix away If I decide to play with stock set-up, so :cry: this and exhaust mods will have to wait for now.

In GM's mind Your guilty until proven innocent and most likely better plan for alternate transportation at your own expense.

Wish I could get my $1500.00 extended warranty money back, past 90 day point of no return period, stuck with it and may have to play by GM's rules.

Too bad, Love the SS, hate GM :smash: HQ attitude.

Dr Mike :cool:

I got my ext. warr. refunded after more than a year had passed. There was no 90-day time period where I was unable to do anything. I went in, talked to the warranty person I purchaesd from, had to write a written statement, sent it in and the refund was taken off what I owed for the truck.

Dodge always has been pretty cool about upgrade in performance. In fact, many Dodge places would install all your Mopar performance parts for you and keep your warranty. Anything from exhaust to matched fuel injectors.

sounds like I should have bought the dodge! I spoke with the service manager at berger chevy and he said they don't even touch the 400's just leaving them entirely alone. I mentioned John linginfelder (?) and he said costly but wise resolution. maybe he's my obi one (only hope)... star wars? any way no mods for now till I straiten things out. oh yeah also found i can get back warranty $ but subtracts from length of financing period big woop! also strong hater of GM as a co.

Archived