2004 Harley Davidson 2 wheel version

Dr Mike

Need some help guys :seeya:

I don't want to call you all Abby, (Dear Abby)

I've had my fill of the :fume: snow and cold weather and the surfing is just not doing it for me,

So to change scenery have flocked down to my local Harley :D Dealer.

Bad move, very bad move:uhoh: now I've got the bug...

I just love the FXDL Dyna Low Rider and had to check out the redesigned Sportster.

The Dyna sells for just under $24,000 here($2,100 less than in 2003) and the XL 1200C Sportster sell for about $14,500 or 9K less than the Dyna.

O.K the Dyna is 1450 cc vs 1200 for the Sportster and it is pretty hard to try them out in -22 degree weather.

I can do a lot of mods on the SS with 9k, but is the Dyna that much more machine to warrant putting all my eggs in one basket.

:crazy: Dr Mike...

Id go with the Dyna, but thats just me! It is much more bike than the sportster so you get what you payfor($9000). Also depends on what fits you as a rider. If I was 250lbs and my wife/girlfriend was 200lbs obliviously the sportster wouldnt be as comfortable as the dyna. So comfort should play a major role! Good luck

sportser is too small, i would get the dyna out of those two. the engine would be the biggest differance 73ci vs 88ci,the dyna is on a bigger frame too. but $24,000 is way too high. i have been in over 30 hd shops and have seen some crazy prices and some great prices too so i would shop around first, you can get a electra glide (big one) loaded for $24,000 around here. but i like the road king my self. i have too many toys right now for me to own one :thumbs:

:cheers: Thanks Guys,

A lot of good advice :thumbs:

$$ mentioned are in Canadian $$, money is not worth much up here.

Dyna around 24K canadian = 18 K U.S

Sporster 14 K Canadian = just over 10.5K U.S.

They fired up both for me at dealer yesterday in their garage and goosebumps with the Dyna and well sounds pretty good Sportster.

Definetely a difference in sound, wallet speaks Sportster, but heart thumps Dyna as for what my Brain says, I'll have to wait till it thaws out from this mornings -34c temp this morning brrrrrr.

Right now both Harley dealers are pretty independent as they still have a few 2003's (100 th anniversarry edition) hanging around and pushing :wtf: the 2003's with 2 to 3K discounts,which brings price in line with the 2004.

On 2004 they only will give free helmet and jacket but I get a 2 year warranty instead of 1 year as on 2003.)

So I think logic dictates that since in view that I may only get to use for (if weather cooperates) :confused: +/- 6 months, so I think best is for me to road test them when weather gets better and make certain I buy the right one.

THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT ADVICE.

Dr Mike :cool:

If you can't drive a 4 wheel drive truck because of the weather, why the heck are you looking at Harley's? Ever drive a bike in the snow? It's not fun!

Besides that, buy a one or two year old used Kawasaki Vulcan meanstreak and put the other 12,000.00 bucks in the SS or the bank! :crazy:

Archived