Finally Getting Paint Work Done

well, i am finally doing it.... getting it two-toned :D its kinda sad tho, the truck has NOTHING on it. its basically in 30+ pieces and all the paint has stripped. anyways, the paint scheme will be- ultra silver metallic on the bottom half, laser blue metallic 1/2" pin stripe, fresh OEM black paint on top. the lines will look similar to BSER's (thanks for the idea buddy :cheers: ). should be done next week, with quite a few other goodies... i will post pics as i make progress. please let me know your opinions/thoughts :thumbs:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the comments, they help me keep the faith lol

Kinda like this...........

post-9509-1198280795_thumb.jpg

yes sir, thats actually where i got the idea. theres another one on there, reg cab silvy, with a blue stripe, which is near my exact paint job. also got a gem top flush mount bed cover, baer 6S brakes up front, ANOTHER clutch :banghead: , and some little extra touches :D . whats in the near future- full interior and......... the LS9 crate engine. i am going to purchase one the day it becomes available. it is just perfect timing for my indecisiveness on the new motor i was building :driving:

i was torn between that paint scheme and the one i have . it looks awesome on the truck picturted though.

but imo it looks kind of harly truck .

thats actually more than ok with me, cause IMO that was the best looking OEM full-size..... i prefer the limited production gray on the harley tho :D

on another note, i am gunna keep the grille black and paint the bumper silver. the line doesnt really go to the top of the grille, hardly to the middle actually... so i figured it would look better black. any opinions?

Looking forward to seeing the pics of it completed.

I really don't dig the two-tone look, only because everyone is doing it now. Pretty much every car you see Foose or Coddington do now is two-tone. Personally, I like your truck all black. I really thought that BSER ruined his truck by two-toning it, JMHO.

Anyways, I don't blame you for wanting to be different! Should be interesting to see how it turns out. Good luck. :cheers:

Teddy

well you do have a black SS lol... so i understand your point. but it needed to be painted badly, especially after it was rear-ended and wasnt repaired right. the paint was horrible, looked like i used sandpaper to wax it. and down here i see like 3 or 4 SSS's a day, almost all with rims and grilles. i wanted more of a show paintjob, but im kinda doing this one myself so it costs next to nothing. and i would be honored if anyone told me my truck looked like a chip foose paintjob :flag: