Just how fast is a SRT10 Ram??

4.6 DOHC

Looks like its been answered by a HALO member his Lightning is a consistant 12.5 Sec. truck. Looks like Dodge done it again about over hyping a SLOW!!!! brick

Well go to SVTperformance.com and look in they'er video forum since I can't load it on this site for some reason. :confused: Maybe I did it wrong but its good.

So I think some of you well have no problems with this pig. Plus You'll get even a better jump with the AWD.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen that vid.

The L is modded to run a best of 12.5. The Ram is completly stock, not even broken into yet. He's an idiot who hasn't even taken the time to learn how to proper drive, let alone launch his vehicle. And he makes all the rest of the SRT-10 Ram owners look bad.

But to answer your question.....so far the SRT Ram has run a best of 13.1 in stock form. These truck have only been out on the streets for less than 3 weeks now, so there's alot of catching up to do in the modding and aftermarket section.

I've seen that vid.

The L is modded to run a best of 12.5. The Ram is completly stock, not even broken into yet. He's an idiot who hasn't even taken the time to learn how to proper drive, let alone launch his vehicle. And he makes all the rest of the SRT-10 Ram owners look bad.

But to answer your question.....so far the SRT Ram has run a best of 13.1 in stock form. These truck have only been out on the streets for less than 3 weeks now, so there's alot of catching up to do in the modding and aftermarket section.

Wow!! looks like he forgot he was driving a manual tranny and try to run the 1/4 in 1st gear. not good!! :shakehead:

Who ran the 13.1? A pro driver or someone off the street? Around where I live, there are a few vipers running around-some 2003+. Everyone thinks that the viper is so bad and fast but yet, they're scared to race the Z06's around here. Vipers are fast at the track, but on the street they don't hook up at all. My first impression of the SRT-10 was the same-that it wouldn't be as fast on the street due to traction. So far, I haven't been wrong. Real good looking truck though-I saw one on the way to the car show tonight. :thumbs::chevy:

i believe that time, but i question if that was a real srt-10 in the video and if the lightning was anywhere near stock. it seemed a bit of a quick pass for a stock lightning.

I was thinking the same thing. That lightning did look a little faster than a 12.5.

yeah, after a few more viewings, i do believe that is an srt-10, but it appears something just happened to go wrong with the dodge on that pass as it looked slow enough for a prizm to pass it and that lightning looked much better than a showroom floor truck.

Looks like its been answered by a HALO member his Lightning is a consistant 12.5 Sec. truck. Looks like Dodge done it again about over hyping a SLOW!!!! brick

Well go to SVTperformance.com and look in they'er video forum since I can't load it on this site for some reason. :confused: Maybe I did it wrong but its good.

So I think some of you well have no problems with this pig. Plus You'll get even a better jump with the AWD.

wow, that is an ignorant statement. that video is about worthless. you don't see the times they run, you don't know the mods of the lightining, and that in no way makes the dodge a slow brick. I gaurntee it would wipe the floor with a stock SS.

how can you rag on the guy anyway if he's a new driver?? where else are you supposed to learn how to launch and drive besides the track?? the street is NOT the same.

comparing a modded lightining with a good driver to a stock SRT-10 with a rookie driver :rolleyes:

wow, that is an ignorant statement. that video is about worthless. you don't see the times they run, you don't know the mods of the lightining, and that in no way makes the dodge a slow brick. I gaurntee it would wipe the floor with a stock SS.

how can you rag on the guy anyway if he's a new driver?? where else are you supposed to learn how to launch and drive besides the track?? the street is NOT the same.

comparing a modded lightining with a good driver to a stock SRT-10 with a rookie driver :rolleyes:

No1 The people in the Dodge was talking all kinds of trash at the Lightning owner before the race.

No2 I agree they chopped the film to short. The times would of been nice to see.

No3 Dodge as a company was the ones hyping so its time to back it up

No4 Yes learning is important but you don't trash talk then do this just makes you look bad.

No4

Mods for the Lightning is as follows

4#lower pulley

2# upper

PSP Chip

Exhaust

CAI

So for $1500 + $33,000 your still $10,500 cheaper than the Dodge

From what I've seen of his Dyno on this Lightning

is 395 RWHP

513 Ft Lbs WT.

Like I've said before I respect all vehicles except this one as Dodge throwed down the Gauntlet and gave the Lightning zero respect in the process. So I like to know how Dodge got a 12.9 when no one else hasn't even come close to that mark a 13.1 is still 2 tenths thats about a truck length in time.

Plus I know a STOCK SS would be dead before it even started but I was refering to the 10 or so thats modded and running close to 12's or lower.

yeah, after a few more viewings, i do believe that is an srt-10, but it appears something just happened to go wrong with the dodge on that pass as it looked slow enough for a prizm to pass it and that lightning looked much better than a showroom floor truck.

The Dodge owner said he missed 2nd. But I've heaed this from almost every Manual owner at least once. Thats why Autos are the 1/4th champs. Just thought everone here would enjoy seeing one in action.

I am not one of the guys that thinks the SRT is not a fast truck. I do agree that Dodge overhyped the truck a bit but i believe if you have a driver that can handle that truck it would be something to beat. Time will tell what these trucks will do. I for one am glad to see they finally hit the streets. I feel this way.... it doesnt matter what kind of truck or car for that matter if its fast i like. It doesnt mean i would own one. Lets give them a little time and if they dont prove to everyone that they are as fast as Dodge claimed they would be then we can bash the crap out of them. I for one know it would take a lot of getting used to trying to keep that power under control. The beauty of AWD. I love my SS but i am sure you guys already know that. :D

Lets give them a little time and if they dont prove to everyone that they are as fast as Dodge claimed they would be then we can bash the crap out of them.:D

I totally agree. I think that time will certainly tell what's what with this truck, just like it will with the 3rd Gen L, it'll take a year or so after they hit the streets to evaluate their true merit (or not).

I don't happen to like chrysler products, but the V10 does have a lot of potential, just pretty expensive to exploit it! :D

I'd say we're going to be seeing a lot of videos on both sides of the aisle. :cheers::pop::cheers:

Archived