AP Racing Installed

Plwtwo

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They stop great...but they slow you from 90 to 20 a lot better...The factory brakes really aren't that bad on the SS. I've had a lot worse.... With Stainless lines they stop Good......but these stop better. No Fadding. And they look pretty good to. Had to do something, the speeds I drive, then pulling a boat/ski's its nice to be able to stop.

yeah, can we get unsloted and no crossdrilled rotors, i can't stand that crap... what a waste... :nonod:

Why do you feel as though the slotted or cross drilled rotors are a waste. Do you even know what the reason for cross drillg them is? If you are going to spend the money to upgrade you brakes, it has a functional purpose. If you are looking at the "Cool Look factor" you might as well just paint your rotors red!!!

Retail would be in the $3200-3500 for the Kit. (Depending on where)

Kit= FRONT Rotors, Calipers(red or black) with pads, and Stainless Steel Lines.(Goodridge)

REAR Rotors and New Pads. (Reuse stock calipers).

Look in Truckin Mag. a lot of places sale AP. or you can buy direct at

AP Racing they're sold by Stillen. :chevy:

If you don't want to spend that kind of money, You can purchase Stainless Steel lines, 5 Piece Set for around $200. :thumbs:

And to answer you Vettedude:

"What a Waste?" That's why Porsche, some Mercedes, Sport Motorcycles, and some BMW's, (and all race vehicles) all come with slotted, cross drilled or both standard. I didn't mention the Italian's, they ALL do, Too!

Well, to be quite honest, cross drilling is a waste, mostly cosmetic. Most "track" racers will attest to that. Crossdrilling weekens the rotor, and will produce stress cracks from extreme heat over time. Slotting is more functional, and more widely used for performance reasons. True Porsche cast-in holed rotors are prefered over cross drilling.

Mov-it Brake info

think rotors: made of special steel alloy, MOV' IT ® rotors are all vented with cast not drilled holes. that means no tension, no cracking, no splash shield required, and the perfect ventilation for optimum braking. special slots make the surface area of the ventilation system much larger than in conventional rotors, keeping tem-peratures down and durability up.

Archived