Dash Screwed Up

J. Yates

I know I read a while back about some guys whose dash was peelling like and wondered if there was a way to repair or not. (My story) I got an air freshner from yankee candle and you hang it on the mirror, well it is an oil like freshner which slowly dries out. Well the oil leaks out when it runs down to the bottom of the freshner and it made my dash bubble up bad and start peeling off. It looks like s...t. I had remembered about the other dashes and wondered if there is any hope of fixing or will it keep peeling all the way across.

I used this dye for my gauge pods. Took a while to match the color but it deffinatel is better than paint. I believe Hank used it also. :cheers:

BTW, stay away from oil based dash cleaners as well (Armor-all, wet look etc.), over time they just are not good for your interior. I don't care what the manufacturer says about UV protection, just IMHO of course. :cheers:

There is a spray PREP and a spray DYE in a can that most paint supply houses stock. U just clean the area up, spray the prep/promotor on, then follow up with the spray dye.... :thumbs:

Any idea where to get these items exactly? I have the same issue with my dash :confused:

Is this what your talking about? I bought my truck like this and even had the dealer try and redo it and they said it bubbled up again. I just put somehting over it to cover it up.

Pretty much the same look, it looks like someone went psycho on the dash and chopped with a knife it makes me sick. Mine is right above the radio right in plain sight shining like new money.

Edited by J. Yates (see edit history)