Stock 4:10s?

Big Tim

When speaking to my dealer's parts guy recently, the topic of differentials came up and the dealer told me my truck came stock with 4:10 gears front & rear. He checked my VIN on the computer, and said they came that way from the factory. mine is an 03 AWD model. Is there any chance this may be true?

I can tell you that that's true just by seeing you have an AWD SS. They all have 4.10's

Mike

Not true, on at least the '04's (probably the '03's too) you could get 3:73's as an option. I remembered seeing this on the computer screen this when I was ordering mine. They did come standard with 4:10's however.

Not true, on at least the '04's (probably the '03's too) you could get 3:73's as an option. I remembered seeing this on the computer screen this when I was ordering mine. They did come standard with 4:10's however.

i only think the denalis had that . i have never seen an awd ss with 3.73 gears.

I could be wrong (or GM could have made a mistake, not the first time). I just remember looking at the order screen on the dealership computer and seeing 3.73's available. But as I said, this could have been a mistake, or it could have been on there for the regular Silverado's. Dunno for sure now! But you are right come to think of it, never heard of an SSS with 3.73's ('03-'04)!

Teddy