Replacement Filter For My Outlaw Cai?

dantwomey

I've had my Outlaw CAI for about three years now so I think I'm due for a replacement filter. I've blown it out a few times with compressed air but I'd like the peace of mind of a brand new filter every once in a while. Suggestions on who carries replacement filter? I've emailed Outlaw themselves and haven't got a response yet.

Regards,

Dan :chevy:

I've had my Outlaw CAI for about three years now so I think I'm due for a replacement filter. I've blown it out a few times with compressed air but I'd like the peace of mind of a brand new filter every once in a while. Suggestions on who carries replacement filter? I've emailed Outlaw themselves and haven't got a response yet.

Regards,

Dan :chevy:

Shortly after posting I found the replacement filter on Outlaw's site.

Regards,

Dan :rolleyes:

The reason you have not gotten an email response back is that Outlaw is no longer in business. I have the same question as you about a replacement filter. I have not had any luck finding one of the NeverOil filters since they are no longer made. I need to do something as I am getting MAF sensor codes and have never even re-oiled my filter. I am getting tired of it and am done with oiled filters. If you find anything, let me know.

Edited by leaper (see edit history)

The reason you have not gotten an email response back is that Outlaw is no longer in business. I have the same question as you about a replacement filter. I have not had any luck finding one of the NeverOil filters since they are no longer made. I need to do something as I am getting MAF sensor codes and have never even re-oiled my filter. I am getting tired of it and am done with oiled filters. If you find anyting, let me know.

Strange that they are out of business and their website still functions perfectly. That threw me off.

Regards,

Dan

Edited by dantwomey (see edit history)

Strange that they are out of business and their website still functions perfectly. That threw me off.

Regards,

Dan

I was led to believe they were a victim of the california wildfires last summer. their place went up in flames and they dont intend to rebuild. This is all hear say though so take it with a grain of salt.

I need to do something as I am getting MAF sensor codes and have never even re-oiled my filter. I am getting tired of it and am done with oiled filters. If you find anyting, let me know.

Did you try cleaning your MAF with some contact cleaner? That should solve your problem with the codes. Not sure what is out there for dry filters, but I am sure K&N would have something to fit your application. :chevy:

I was led to believe they were a victim of the california wildfires last summer. their place went up in flames and they dont intend to rebuild. This is all hear say though so take it with a grain of salt.

nah it didnt burn down , its local here and a few other members and myself helped test the intakes.

i dont know why they are out of biz but i thought there sales were doing ok.

Did you try cleaning your MAF with some contact cleaner? That should solve your problem with the codes. Not sure what is out there for dry filters, but I am sure K&N would have something to fit your application. :chevy:

:rant: Yeah, I actually got the MAF replaced under warranty, but the codes came back a few weeks later. I haven't really had a chance to check the situation out to see what is going on. I guess I need to pull everything apart, take a look at the filter and clean the MAF. I don't really have a lot of time to mess with it, that is why I am frustrated and would rather just get rid of the oiled filter. A little while back I thought I was having problems with my transmission and I think it was just the MAF messing with the computer. Oh well, one way or another I'll get it straightened out. :banghead:

• 4 weeks later...
If anyone has came up with anything, please let me know. Outlaw is out of business and no one no where has any filters that fit our trucks.

I found a replacement K&N filter. It's a universal filter that will require some modification. It's $50 and I get it this Saturday. When I'm done I'll post pictures and remarks.

Regards,

Dan