Tranny fixed/Tow Haul mode

Ok I just picked up my truck from the dealer and total cost was 900 total cost to me 0. Ok they said you got alot of power so if your gonna race it put it in tow haul mode and you will protect your tranny. Is this true any input. Also farmtruc could you email me etc about the shift kit.

Ok I just picked up my truck from the dealer and total cost was 900 total cost to me 0. Ok they said you got alot of power so if your gonna race it put it in tow haul mode and you will protect your tranny. Is this true any input. Also farmtruc could you email me etc about the shift kit.

I don't think so. I had my dealer tell me the same thing. :wtf:

By looking at the tables in LS1 Edit, you can adjust shift timing and speed for tow/haul mode, but that's about it.

Now, I've got my Tow/Haul mode set-up with higher shfit rpm levels, but stock, they are set lower.

Ok they said you got alot of power so if your gonna race it put it in tow haul mode and you will protect your tranny. Is this true any input.

Not on the SS... unless its custom tuned.

Jason's right about shifts being different. The tow/haul also affects upshift torque reduction. On the SS the torque reduction is the same for both modes. But on a regular 6.0L LQ4 powertrain, the tow/haul mode has more torque reduction than the normal mode. That's probably what the dealer was thinking...

Glad you got your tranny fixed. :)

Archived