procharger

For those that are thinking about a procharger, just make sure that you ordered a kit for a 4x4 and not a 2wd, because the intercooler brackets are different, it comes with a few different length hoses, and a computer relocation bracket set. All of this stuff set my project back a little while when I did mine because I bought a used kit for a 2wd.

Also, Go for the D1SC!!

The best advice I can give to anyone doing a procharger setup is, buy some 42lb injectors, LS1-edit, EFI-live, and throw the FMU in the trash. You will be much happier with the outcome. Especially when the guys that didnt bother to do the tuning are dropping cylinder #7.

Oh and get a TT3000 while your at it :D

what is so much better about the D1SC I tried there sight but all i could see was price... :confused:

If I am not mistaken the D-1SC is capable of a little more boost, up to like 35# where the P-1SC can do 30#. Neither of which our trucks will see with stock compression.....

SSilverado60, on another note, I was thinking or re-routing the intake for the procharger to maybe up and over the stock intake back to the OEM airbox, or some kind of alternate. Is this also what you were thinking???

Pictures always help, so if you got some, shoot them my way.

Thanks,

Lucas

I used to think Procharger was the best untill I started hearing about all the problems with them. I've been told that if you're going to go centrifuegal, go with vortech. :chevy:

:withstupid:

Go with the vortech, its a great system. Very well designed. :thumbs:

You dont buy a D1SC because of its higher boost capability, but because of the fact that it will move more air at less RPMs. It will give you more boost at lower RPMs. You wont need to turn the impeller as fast either which will help with slippage problems.

As far as the intake, My plan is to relocate the battery to the spot where the duramax trucks mount their auxillary battery, which is the empty spot on the passenger side behind the coolant reservoir, and run an intake pipe over to where the battery was originally located

Archived